“Amazing B&B - low price, incredible service!”

Found Hotel San Diego
Ranked #5 of 33 San Diego B&B and Inns
florida
“Amazing B&B - low price, incredible service!”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have never had a more accommodating stay than I experienced at the Little Italy Inn, Bed and Breakfast. The rooms are beautiful. Brand new mattresses, clean wood floors, thick rugs, nice tv/dvd combos. It is two short blocks from India St in Little Italy and a $10 cab ride to the airport.
I asked for some ice, they brought me a bucket of ice . . . and a mini-fridge!
I asked for a late checkout - they said, stay as long as you want, we have other things to do.
The free breakfast was nice, bagels, spreads, cereals, oat meal, pastries, juices and coffee/tea.
I stayed four nights with a private bathroom and paid less than $500 total!
I give this place my highest recommendation!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank rafesq

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was my second stay here. First time was really good..this was even better! The new manager, Mitch, really went out of his way to recommend good places, chat about the area, and be sure that everyone had what they needed (directions, coffee, etc.). There are tons of restaurants nearby and the area is easy to walk around (and Influx, a nearby coffee shop, has great coffee/cappuccino)! The hotel doesn't have parking, but we found a space nearby without much trouble, and there is a loading zone out front. Rates are good, and the rooms have character. Also, if you arrive by train, it's only about a mile walk from the Downtown/Ste Fe Station.

The breakfast was good, and happy hour was a nice chance to chat with people. Everyone on the staff was very nice. There was a big urn of fruit infused water 'round the clock (nice and refreshing after a long day!). A lot of nice touches that made it a very pleasant place to stay!

I have to note that the reason I put sleep quality at "average" is because the area is not far from the airport so you do get some noise. It's an old inn (102 years old!) so sound does carry a bit. None of that was a huge issue, but if you are really sensitive to noise you'll want to be sure to ask which rooms are quieter. I left well rested and having had a great weekend! I would absolutely stay here again! Also, while we were there I believe they went "pet friendly!"

Room Tip: It's an old inn. Some rooms have in-room bathroom, so are shared. Sharing can keep the cost do...
1 Thank caffeinebee
Glendale, CA
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The Little Italy Inn is romantic and unique. We stayed here for our honeymoon 3.5 years ago and again last weekend for a "babymoon" trip, and it was exactly what we had hoped for in both cases. This is a bright, elegant, beautifully kept historic building with distinctive and comfortable rooms. We found the bed to be actually more comfortable than ours at home, which has never happened anywhere else. My wife's favorite part of breakfast was the fresh raspberries and nutella, and I really liked the coffee and bagels with cream cheese. The staff was super friendly, and we were allowed to check in early on the day we arrived since no one had used our room the night before. The location couldn't be much better and was close by all of our activities. The only down-side was that parking was pretty full on the streets in the surrounding neighborhood, so sometimes I had to peruse nearby side streets to find a spot. The Little Italy Inn has a 30 min. loading spot where I dropped off my wife and could load/unload, so this wasn't a big deal. We highly recommend it!

2 Thank Jesse P
Winslow, Arizona
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I was in San Diego for 4 days and 3 nights to attend a wedding. Mitch and all the staff at Little Italy Inn were very courteous and helpful. The room was nice and the bed comfortable. I've already recommended staying here to some of my family. If I'm in San Diego again I hope they'll have a room available for me. Thanks for the service. The whole experience of Little Italy was also fun. It's close to everything.

Room Tip: I stayed in room L, it worked well for me.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Jamin M
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 12, 2012

IMy best friend and I were planning on going to Santa Barbara for the weekend; however, a lovely phone conversation with Mitch (the new owner) won me over. I believe Mitch and his partner John had just taken the place over last week.

I was a little worried about the parking; however, we were able to find a spot without much of a problem. I was also a little worried about the airport being an issue, and it wasn't. My friend & I went in knowing we had one of the noisier rooms; there was a little street noise, but nothing that a wave machine App can't take care of. In addition, the customer service out weights any noise issue we would have had (but we didn't); so who cares!

I have never has such wonderful customer service and attention to detail as I had with Little Italy Inn. My friend and I were made to feel welcome and by the time we left, we were made to feel like family and friends. The inside was beautiful (exactly like the pictures on the website), and each section of the Inn felt like home.

We sat down in the afternoon with a complimentary glass of wine & cheese, and had wonderful conversations with other guests and the owner. I can't explain how much we loved our stay there, and how much we look forward to making another trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Pete W
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2012

On a whim (and to escape mid-week stress) my wife and I decided to ride south to SD and stay here at the Little Italy Inn. What a great choice! Mitch and all the staff/owners are the nicest, most accommodating people you could imagine. The rooms are well-appointed (yup-JACUZZI!), quiet (despite being near the I 5 ramp and Little Italy), and extremely comfortable. Did you say ‘Jacuzzi’? Oh yeah, we are so there! Breakfast was also excellent in the beautiful, light-filled lobby. We liked it so much, we stayed another night. We’d heard good things and been meaning to stay here for some time so we chose the right moment – just what the doctor ordered to chase the blues away. Like the San Diego bard said, “I never heard the melody, until I needed a song.”

Room Tip: Ask for the room(s) with the Jacuzzi! You won't be sorry!
1 Thank 5scheidemona