“Excellent seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Fishery

The Fishery
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fishery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #221 of 4,716 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Pacific Beach
Cross street: Opal
Tucson, Arizona
“Excellent seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I get to Pacific Beach every month or two, and I have eaten here several times. It is the only restaurant in Pacific Beach I recommend to friends. The fish is always fresh and well-prepared. Portions are generous also. I can't usually finish everything if I order an appetizer and and entree, but it all is so good it is hard to not over-order. I will often just order 2 appetizers instead. The wine list, while not extensive, is reasonably priced,

• Visited December 2013

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Really Good - OK - Depends what you order”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Nice looking place. Seafood is on display in refrigerated cases. Nice touch. Several in our party had the Halibut and raved about it. Two had Luigini and clam sauce and liked that, too. I had their Shrimp Scampi which had almost no taste. The only taste it did have was far too much lemon - It was devoid of garlic which is the basis of any good scampi.

Service was very good. A pet peeve you may or may not agree with me on. It was a 70th B-Day and one of our party brought a bottle of champagne. We asked if we could bring it and they said sure..Give us $15 for a cork fee. When you have a party of 7, that is totally unnecessary IMHO.
We passed on their offer.

Personally, I think Bonefish puts out a better product at a more reasonable price.

• Visited January 2014
Los Angeles
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

The seafood is so fresh that they have a fresh fish market in front of the restaurant. My wife had a salmon along with spinach, which she said was excellent. I had swordfish with broccolini which was the best I have ever had. In was very moist and perfectly cooked. The wait staff is very friendly,helpful, and attentive to your needs. The room is not to large however it has a nice vibe. I would honestly go back when in the area again.

• Visited November 2013
San Diego, California
“Great place for a seafood meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

My friends and I visited for lunch. The appetizer of fried calamari was scrumptious. My cousin found his clam chowder delicious. All of us were very pleased with our different entrees and sandwiches. I chose the seared ahi tostadas-the ahi was perfectly prepared. The only problem we had was the size of the portions-we had to take food home! (not a real problem!) Friendly and understanding staff.

• Visited November 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Awesome fish, very fine dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

My wife & I had a fantastic dinner. The fish was just excellent, no surprise. The side dishes were also excellent, veggies not overcooked or drowned in sauce. Our waiter & other staff were attentive, but not overly so. We'll be back next time we visit San Diego!

• Visited October 2013