“'Wicked' San Diego Theatre experience”

San Diego Civic Theatre
Ranked #118 of 452 things to do in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: Home to the San Diego Opera and Broadway theater.
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Visited Oceanside this past weekend to visit my Marine at Camp Pendleton. She had purchased tickets to see 'Wicked' at the Civic Theatre in San Diego as a celebration of her return home from Japan. I was skeptical after attending most theater/concerts in Los Angeles and San Francisco BUT, I was VERY "Blown Away" surprised! FABULOUS place! Our seats were 20 rows back, (again I was unsure) but the way the seats were placed and with the level of each row I COULD SEE without having to be a rubber neck!!!
SO great!! Room to get into the middle of the row without stepping on feet and because the theater is small the line to the ladies room was non existent!!! I didn't know what I expected but THIS was SO nice!! SO nice in fact...I have already purchased tickets to see Les Miserables in September, at San Diego Civic Theatre.

We did drive from Oceanside and NOT being from the area we were almost late due to traffic. NEXT time we will take Amtrak. Picks up in Oceanside a few miles from Pendleton and drops 6 blocks from the theater.

1  Thank piratebrat

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stopped by Civic Center Theater and saw the broadway hit "Wicked." Great place to see a play with great seats and acoustics. My mother-in-law needed an assist in hearing the play and offer an amplification device for free. It really helped her in enjoying the play. Wicked was both fun and offered "the rest of the story" on a classic, Wizard of OZ. Very funny, not really for small children, but teenagers and above will enjoy humor. Go early and find a restaurant in the Gas-lamp district.

1  Thank hclanton1
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Large theater with top shows. Nice outdoor open area at entrance, unimpressive entrance and interiors. Parking structure is at the end of Second Street.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

We have season tickets and great seats. We really enjoyed all the proformances so far. We cannot wait to see Wicked. We drive down early from Oceanside and then grab a bite to eat and do some window shopping at Horton Plaze, it is in walking distance. Makes for a nice afternoon.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Great place to see top Broadway shows and special entertainment performances.