“Lovely room, great service and lots of amenities!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar
Ranked #15 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
British Columbia
“Lovely room, great service and lots of amenities!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2010

Great hotel. The location was kind of odd, but otherwise I don't have any complaints. It was close to the freeway, so it was easy to get in and out. Not far from downtown, but the price was incredibly reasonable. The room was fabulous...lots of space, very clean, even a complete kitchen. Awesome place to stay with young kids. The meals were great - full breakfast every morning and dinner offered during the week. Totally saved a ton of money because we didn't have to eat out!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2010

very clean, great landscaping,comfortable bed, nice breakfast/early coffee, nice wine and food evening spread, close to delmar,beaches,torrey pines,racetrack,fair and of course sandiego stuff like zoo,aquarium,seaworld etc.
the staff must be very well trained and supervised. they were a flawless team in meeting our needs , and all with a great attitude---- hard to find today. the manager(Bob) was available and on top of the 2 hotels. The other Hilton nextdoor had a real nice bistro/grill at reasonable prices and a nice , reasonable wine list. there was also a bar.
In a nice neighborhood and after 1 time easy to get around and to the freeway.
I would recomend without reservation, especially for families with children, the free food items and the suite with bedroom and seperated living room with a sofa bed ( confortable) and tv in both rooms . Very, very clean. Had a 2 computer workroom with printer for us work fiends or web snobs

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Canberra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2010

this hotel isnt a glam winner but the rooms are huge, and the price is low making it a great deal. OK - the things I am not completely happy with: the bathroom - no tub, and the shower is one of those plastic modules, no tea and milk. too bad if you don't drink coffee. Walls are a bit thin and the yelling kids are noticeable. Also I had a herd of elephants in the room above me.
Free Internet - only cable in the rooms and wifi in the lobby. Quite slow though.
Breakfast is free but it is carbo and sugar heavy with packaged cereals, toast station, danish/pastries, waffles, oatmeal, and a hot dish - scrambled eggs or once I had deep fried frenchtoast sticks - whatever they are! Free parking. The location suited me because it was close to my business location, but it is no where near any tourist sites - so you must have a car - and a map!
the room has a kitchen in it - which I didn't use but I suppose if you are staying in for a while for business or have a family.
Once I had checked in I never saw another cast member so I can't say much about their service.
I used thei fitness centre which was a bit cheap and only 1 of each machine and a bit small. 1 treadie, 1 row machine, 1 stairclimber and 1 of those multi pull down machines.
This hotel will suit anyone who wants a bit of extra room, has a car for getting around and is looking for a great deal at a decent price.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Londonderry, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2010

Loved our stay! On check-in, we were instantly upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. We had requested a quiet room away from the elevator and were given just that - never heard a sound the whole time we were there. The room and grounds were immaculate. Free breakfast and dinner (with beer and wine in the evening) were delicious and the selection was great. Only a short 10-15 minute drive to all the attractions in San Diego. We'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
OpsManagerSD, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this review, July 8, 2010
Thank you for your kind words. Our front desk staff is dedicated to pleasing each of our guests. Our maintenance and suite keeping team also do their best each day to make sure our hotel looks and feels new for our guests. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review.
TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2010

We spent 3 nights at this hotel while we did some traveling and checked out some major attractions. The location was perfect. It was close enough to be within driving distance of everything, and yet far enough away from the city center to be quiet and relaxing.
The hotel was clean, and our one bedroom (2 Queen Beds) plus Living Room Sofa Bed made great accommodations for us and our two teens. The kitchenette was a bonus for us.
The real treat came when dinner was served. I was pleasantly surprised to find our dinner came with our hotel package. We only ate in the lobby 2 out of the 3 times, but each meal was very delicious and healthy. Both beer and wine were offered, as well as sweet tea and lemonade. Salad was always offered along with the main dish and one side.
It was a bit too cool for the pool, but the area around it was clean and comfortable.
Would recommend this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your great review. I am glad that our location worked out well for you. I am also happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our Welcome Home Reception. It is one of the many great amenities we offer. Our Reception staff is dedicated to providing high quality meals with complimentary wine and beer. We hope that you will return very soon.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2010

Checked around quite a bit before selecting this hotel and ended up being happy with the choice. It turned out to be a great place for families. The weekday dinners/receptions were welcome after full days out at Sea World and Legoland. Especially enjoyed the barbeque in the pool area. The breakfast selection is good and includes a scrambled egg dish and some sort of side - bacon, sausage, etc. Fruit and beverages are available all day. It was handy having a first floor room with direct access to the pool area.

The location and easy highway access were perfect for visiting all the parks, especially the Wild Animal Park and Legoland. The neighborhood is a corporate/residential mix with many restaurants just a short (driving) distance away.

We particularly appreciated the helpfulness and great attitude of the staff. They seem happy you are there. A special shout out to the housekeeping staff (Narcisa), who did a great job. The kids especially enjoyed coming back each day to see which shape the towels had been folded into.

My only wish would be that the living room of the suite was a tiny bit bigger. With the sofa bed open it was a little tight getting around, but not an issue.

Great value and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
We appreciate your review. Our staff really appreciates our guest feedback. I am glad that you were able to use all of the amenities our hotel has to offer. I was also glad to hear that our location worked out well for you. We are very centrally located in San Diego so that our guests have the ability to visit all the main attractions without having to drive too far. We hope that you will come back and visit us soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2010

We booked our trip online since it was less expensive than directly booking with the hotel. The staff was very helpful since I needed to use the business center and the printer but I received a little attitude from one girl at the counter when I told her the printer cartridge was out of ink but overall a non-issue. The breakfasts and weeknight receptions were ok and my daughter ate well, they even offered beer and wine and the staff was very friendly. The queen studio suite was quite nice for the three of us. The exercise room was very small and only has dumbbells, a balance ball and three cardio machines, but it was sufficient.

Now to the only real complaint on the trip...the bed was VERY uncomfortable for me. My wife was ok but it may have been that we aren't used to a harder mattress. I woke up with a stiff back each day but recovered by late morning. Not sure if the hotel would have had an extra bed laying around. I may have been better off sleeping on the pullout bed but didn't think of it until the last night.

Overall the hotel was good, the location is very nice also. I took my daughter on several walks around the grounds and the block and the neighborhood is quite nice; there is a park nearby also. If you are a family, I recommend this hotel as it really does provide extra added comforts(sans the bed) for your trip that you won't get from just a standard hotel.