Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$187
$169
HotelIndigo.com
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $337/night.

Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$231
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$245
$189
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$289
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $298/night.

$226
$189
$312
$269
  • Pool
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)
$431
$404
Official Site
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$329
$279
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$322
$269
1,701 results
All reviewsfree dinnermon thursbreakfast and dinnerevening receptionfull kitchenstove topbedroom suitehome away from homecomplimentary breakfastsmall kitchenfront desk stafftorrey pinesyogurtsofa bedliving areathe breakfast areafamily vacation
Reviewed September 10, 2015

I have been staying at the Homeward Suites by Hilton in Del Mar for 5 months now for business. I need to share with you that the level of service and attention to detail by the front desk personnel puts other hotels I've stayed at to shame.

Here you are greeted by a smile and a genuine glad you're there! I have seem them take 5 minutes to help someone find directions to a place and research items for their clients.

The only fault is that they change towels even when they're hung up-

If you're looking for a quality place to stay whether on business or pleasure- let them know diverdebi sent you.

You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business
4  Thank Diverdebi
Reviewed September 9, 2015

I travel quite a bit and normally stay at the Emabassy. I tried this hotel last week and was so pleased with the level of service, I cancelled my reservations with Embassy and rebooked with Homewood for an additional week. This place is quiet. They provide breakfast and an evening meal that will leave you coming back for more. The food court staff (Norma) are so friendly and actually make you feel at home. Christina, the Extended Stay Specialist, always greets you with a smile and is super efficient. I needed a sewing kit last night and Dan (evening shift Specialist) went out of his way to help me. The hotel staff mentioned above really made me feel like a VIP and I am spreading the word to all my friends and co-workers. This hotel is now my number one hotel choice in the U.S.. Great Job!!!!

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2015

Our first visit to San Diego from abroad - we chose this hotel based upon reputation, cost and having business in the neighbourhood. It fulfilled all these expectations and we found it was also very conveniently located for trips further afield being only two minutes from the I5 and 25min from downtown San Diego. Very friendly staff, as Kiwis we travel prepared to be disappointed by impersonal service but the Homewood Del Mar is just like hotel staff back home. Plenty of free parking, nice pool, free breakfast daily and complimentary dinner (with beer or wine) weeknights. Reliable wifi in our room, even while the place was full. All for less than half the rates we encountered in San Francisco last year. As noted in other reviews, the property standard is average - but spotlessly clean and not below average. Would highly recommend if travelling with your own transport.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NZFrontiers
Reviewed September 6, 2015

The good: truly helpful, accommodating front desk staff who desire to assist and serve guests well. The rest: this property is not up to snuff for what one expects of a Hilton and certainly not for the rates. Small, cramped rooms, stale decor, horrendous low quality food and zero ambience. Strangely designed "suites" sink outside of bathroom- so every time a suite member uses the toilet at night everyone is woken up by the sink when they wash their hands (and in the case of our room, a loud running toilet as well). A designer can put a vanity outside of a shared bathroom, but a sink? No, not in a shared sleeping space. This is probably an appropriate property for a school team if you get a low rate, but for adults or families expecting Hilton quality.. no. Hilton corporate should be ashamed of themselves for trying to pass this off as a quality hotel option. And sticking staff with serving people in such poor accommodations and at high rates. Again, lovely staff- all pros. Bad facility.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
Parris P, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2015

Greetings from sunny San Diego luxefox,

First allow me to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your candid feedback. As a top performing hotel on TripAdvisor, we take great pride in our property, and we continue to improve our operations by sincerely listening to the feedback and comments of our guests. Thank you greatly for your positive and kind remarks towards our staff, they are the defining factor of our hotel and we could not do it without them. That being said, I truly apologize for the inconvenience you faced in regards to the set up of your suite and the difficulties you faced while trying to sleep.

I truly apologize that we were unable to provide the great service and experience that you have come to expect from Hilton and hope that this will not deter you from our brand. With that being said, should you return to the San Diego area, I would love to have you stay with us again and allow me to ensure that your stay is in line with our TripAdvisor ranking and the quality you've come to expect from the Hilton brand. Should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.

Yours in Hospitality,
Parris Preston
Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 1, 2015

Hotel was a great place to stay. Breakfast was complimentary every morning and always pleased with many options. The free Monday through Thursday dinner was a plus aswell offering a different spread every day, and you cant beat free beer and wine. Staff was always helpful and made you feel at home. Rooms were great and very clean defiantly exceeded my expectation. Will defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family