Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$261
$159
Good 3.5/5
$599
Fairmont.com
Excellent 5/5
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$172
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$345
$299
$219
$183
Agoda.com
Good 3.5/5
  • Room Service
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$162
Agoda.com
Very Good 4/5
  • Beachfront
$149
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$183
$159
Great 4.5/5
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$176
$169
  • Pool
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$310
$290
Hotelpower.com
  • Restaurant
1,652 results
All reviewscomplimentary breakfast and dinnermon thursfull kitchenstove topevening receptionbedroom suitehome away from homesmall kitchenfront desk stafftorrey pinesyogurtsofa bedthe breakfast arealiving areafamily vacationsea worldpool and hot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Felt discriminated by Hotel Staff, they just do not care about their guest satisfaction, Or they just do more for Americans. I told them I would never come back to their Hotel and they don't even blink, May be that does not happen in other Hotels, this is the firs and last time I stay at this brand

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank George M
Parris P, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear George M,

Please allow me to sincerely apologize for any interaction with our staff that made you feel discriminated against. I know that our General Manager has reached out to you in the hopes of resolving any issues that you may have encountered. I truly hope that we are able to better understand what it is that happened so that we can provide the desired experience for our guests. Our number one concern is always our guests and ensuring they received exceptional treatment. I ensure you that this is not the norm, and hope that this experience does not spoil the entire brand of Homewood Suites or Hilton for you. Should you have any further comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to contact me personally in addition to our General Manager Michael Murray.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

We've stayed here several times, I like the suite layout and the kitchen so we don't have to go out to eat. There is a good restaurant next door in the Garden Inn if you want it. It's quiet due to the location, in a residential/office area. Also like the large parking lot and the free parking. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Deborah O,

Thank you greatly for taking the time to review your stay and for your continued stays with our property. I'm very pleased to see that you enjoyed the Bistro at the Garden Inn as well as our quiet location and free parking. We look forward to serving you in the future, and should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I just returned from a weekend with my family at this property. My expectations were very high because of the rave reviews on TripAdvisor, and I was underwhelmed.

The room was clean and comfortable, the complimentary breakfast was very good and the staff was extremely friendly. We were especially pleased that the hotel had beach-gear rentals available. However, despite the friendliness of every employee I encountered I found actual customer service to be a little lacking in several instances. I will list specifics so you can judge for yourself whether I'm picking nits: (1) We reserved for four people but there were only linens for two. It was a minor inconvenience and (small but additional tipping expense) to have to call for two more. Not a huge deal, but it was the first of several small items that added up. (2) We requested the sofabed be opened and made up while we were at dinner. The response was a friendly assurance, but more than two hours later it had not been done, and no one ever arrived to do it. Again, not a huge deal to make the bed myself but when I am spending $300+ per night on vacation I really prefer not to! (3) We had a small maintenance request that was never fulfilled. Did it ruin our vacation? No. Was it a little bit annoying? Yes. (4) It took more than 30 minutes for towels to be delivered to the pool area after three separate requests (from ourselves and other guests). I didn't mind soaking in the hot tub a little longer than planned.

A fifth item that posed a minor inconvenience but is unrelated to service is the long wait for the elevators. By Day 2 we were taking the stairs. Again, not a huge deal to us to get a little extra exercise but not everyone can handle three flights, or even one, easily.

We chose this property specifically to have a room with a kitchen near Torrey Pines State Reserve. There are no amenities within walking distance -- one has to drive to restaurants, shops, etc.

The Homewood is a nice property with friendly staff, and we had an enjoyable stay, but I did not have the FABULOUS experience that other reviewers have reported. We are regular visitors to the San Diego area and will try a different property next time.

Room Tip: Rooms on the courtyard will hear pool noise.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Parris P, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2014

Dear PurpleClam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with a review and detailed feedback of your stay. I truly am sorry to see that you were underwhelmed by your stay with us. While friendliness of staff members is always appreciated, I'm extremely sorry to see that the actual customer service was lacking and assure you that is not usual for our hotel. I sincerely hope that you will give us another try the next time you're in the area so that we may show you that were deserving of a five star review. Should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Booked through Expedia due to excellent price and good reviews.

Location - 20/30mins north of San Diego by car or coaster. No bus connection to speak of.

Hotel - Brilliant. Clean, well proportioned, big rooms. Excellent small pool and good hot tub in lovely outdoor setting.

Service - Superb. Couldn't do enough for you, even down to pouring your drinks at meal times.

Tip - If you stay Mon - Thurs you will receive an excellent evening meal in addition to breakfast as part of the price. We were not aware of this beforehand but made the most of it!

Would definitely book here again!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matthew O

Dear MatthewO,

Thank you so much for your gracious review, as always the five star mention is appreciated. I'm extremely happy to see you found the hotel to be clean, spacious, and accommodating. We truly take pride in our staff, so to see your review is a great indicator that we're doing well, we sincerely appreciate all of your kind words. We look forward to serving you in the future, should you have any further comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me personally.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I spent 10 days here to be near family for the birth of a grandchild. I frequently stay in Hilton properties, but this was my first time in a Homewood Suites one. I highly recommend this hotel for various reasons, chief of which is the top-notch service, plus it is close to attractions that normally bring visitors to San Diego. When I checked in I noticed that my room did not have a bathtub, so I contacted the front desk. The receptionist, whose unusual first name escapes me (begins with a "P"), immediately checked to see if he could move me to a room with a tub. He not only found such a room on the same floor, but he came up to give me the new keys and to help me move all of my belongings to the new room! He consistently greeted me by my name. My sister spent two nights with me. After I mentioned to the front desk that she commented that the sofa bed mattress was like sleeping on an old-fashioned washboard from our great-grandmother's era, we returned at the end of the day to find a different sofa with a new mattress, which was infinitely more comfortable! This was quick action!
There is a complimentary self-service breakfast every morning, which includes hot items, as well as complimentary light self-serve dinners Mondays to Thursdays from 5-7 p.m. The menu varies from Swedish meatballs one night to hot dogs and hamburgers another night. One of the servers with an outstandingly helpful attitude is David, who always alerted the patrons with 10 minutes' notice that the breakfast area would be closing in case they wanted to get some second helpings in time. I was keen on the chocolate muffins, and he delivered two to my table when they were fresh out of the oven because there were none left when I first came to the breakfast area that morning. If I had to make a suggestion for improvement, I would suggest fresh blueberries or raspberries instead of canned fruit at the breakfast buffet. There were bananas and apples, but berries are easier as toppings for oatmeal and other cereals.
I was not keen on the chair that was in the living room part of the suite, but almost as if the staff had read my mind (I had not made any comment), a new ergonomic comfortable one was delivered on day 3! I later noticed that all of the rooms were getting new desk chairs.
There are two computers available in the business center. Hilton HHonors frequent guests can have in-room WiFi at no cost; otherwise there is a daily charge, which I believe was $9.95. There is a small Fitness center, with 4 machines (exercycle, elliptic, and treadmill) and some free weights; it opens at 6 a.m.. The pool and jacuzzi are outdoors. Even though my room faced the pool there was very little pool noise, and it does close at 9 p.m. With the full-sized refrigerator, microwave, regular oven, dishes, etc., one could easily fix some meals in-room, which might be especially appealing to people traveling with children. There is a spa for massage and facials at the adjacent Hilton Garden Inn, as well as a full-service deli. Parking is free. The grounds are well-maintained.
I do plan to stay at this hotel when I need to be in Del Mar again. The staff here obviously have been selected and trained well for their positive service attitudes. Since repeat business is the key to success, it is no wonder that this hotel has a high occupancy rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a 4th floor (top level) room on the street side if you want to avoid any possible pool noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family