Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar
Ranked #16 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Homewood Suites San Diego-Del-Mar is a good place to stay. Perfect located and very good accessible by I-5. The pool is comfortable located and the breakfast can be done outside by the pool. Staff is very friendly and assist with any question or problem

Room Tip: I switched room, as first I have room 234. There is a constant noise (Probably caused by the fan of...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Frans V
Parris P, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Frans V,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback of your recent stay. I'm happy to see you enjoyed our pool facilities and breakfast. I sincerely apologize for any disruptive noise caused by our ventilation system, as it is our intention to make every stay calming and comfortable. We truly appreciate your business and would truly enjoy having you back as our guest during your next trip to San Diego.

Yours in Hospitality,
Parris Preston
Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,619)

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Honestly, this is my best kept secret. Of course I tell people that we stay here when they ask, but I don't want the whole world to stay here. Let the riff raff go elsewhere. There are quality people and families who visit and stay here and that's what I like about it this hotel and location. There is no other hotel that gives you what this brand does. I feel that they have a very high standard and have always shown that standard to us when we stay. Whether it is the staff, the accommodations, or the overall quality of the amenities. Love, Love, Love, Hilton.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank M R

Thank you very much for your fantastic scores and generous comments. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. We look forward to having you back during your next trip to San Diego.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Pleased with our four night stay in early June. While the location is away from the City, access to the freeway in both directions was very close by. Others have commented on the great amenities, I'd like to comment on the hotel staff. Everyone that we dealt with or ran into was friendly and helpful. Their good attitude, accommodating nature and concern for their guests sets this property apart. My only regret is that this stay being part of a vacation trip from Hawaii, we might not have the opportunity or need to stay here again.

1  Thank JWBlack
Courtney R, Front Desk Supervisor at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Hi JWBlack,

Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review about our property. I am delighted to hear our team was able to make you feel at home. I will pass along all the great comments as we are always appreciative of guest feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any other comments or questions. We look forward to having you back on your next trip to San Diego!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Nice and quiet location. Room with 1 queen bed and a sleeper. A complimentary breakfast with a variety of selection. We selected this hotel since it's close to UCSD. It could be us but we had to call the housekeeping 3 times to get additional bath towels :(

1  Thank 9za
Courtney R, Front Desk Supervisor at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Hello 9za,

Thank you for staying with us and we really appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I am glad you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast before heading off to the graduation. I sincerely apologize for the amount of time it took to receive the towels. We look forward to having you return on your next trip to San Diego!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I recently traveled to San Diego for vacation with my wife. We stayed at the Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar. We had an initial problem with our first room. There was a big wet spot on the floor near the bed. The attendent promptly switch rooms and offered to help move our luggage. That was really the only negative portion of our stay. The pool was nice and so was the hot tub, always hot, you don't always get that. We found the hot breakfast to be quite delightful, the staff always pleasant, the same goes for the Manager's Welcome back reception that was around dinner time Mon-Thurs. These amenities alone are a big win in my book. It could save families a lot of $$ for food everyday. It was the 2 of us but still it was nice. The hotel lobby was always clean and had fresh coffee from what I could tell 24/7.

The location is a bit outside the city but the price per night reflects the location. It is about 25 min from the Zoo and Sea World, Gaslamp Quarter and about 40 min from the Safari park. There is a main drag about 10 min away. Mira Mesa Dr. which has many restaurants and some shopping if you need to. Which we bought some food and snacks at Target to have in the room.

Overall this was a great hotel especially for the price in this area. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a stay.

Room Tip: Rooms near the rear ground of the hotel have a lot of traffic from the staff. We were near the laund...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Christopher K,

Thank you for the great TripAdvisor review! We really appreciate your business and we are so glad you were able to enjoy all the amenities we have to offer. I am happy to hear our team was able to move you rooms quickly so that it did not affect your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any more comments or questions. We look forward to having you back as our guest soon!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa. We found the room to be just what we needed for our type of vacation. We had an elderly Grandma and two teenagers with us for a total of 5 people. We loved having the refrigerator to hold drinks and snacks. We visited the Del Mar Faire and La Jolla and didn't use the pool. The complimentary breakfast was awesome! It's suppose to close at 10, but our teenage girls were served ten minutes after. They loved the waffle bar. We were all quite pleased with the hospitality and the quality of guests visiting were extremely nice. I had left my purse on a couch in lounge area by mistake. One of the guests saw me frantically come off the elevator and had already turned it in. I had over $300 cash in it .Nice to know on vacation you are surrounded by honest and quality individuals!

Room Tip: We had corner room on 4th floor (room 425) and it was very large.
1  Thank Jamie H

Hello Jamie H,

First off, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It was our pleasure to have you as a guest. We really do have some of the best guests in San Diego and I am happy to hear you were able to find your purse right away. I hope your family felt at home during your stay and we cannot wait to welcome you back on your next trip to San Diego!

Reviewed June 14, 2014

If you have read my other reviews you know I have a great history with this hotel. They are like family to us, so naturally we enjoy many family events here. Our latest stay was in celebration of my sons high school graduation. Almost two years ago at this very hotel my son suffered from sudden cardiac death. After a lot of work he has recovered, and is now a high school grad! All that he has gone thru, and is still working on, is what made this trip so meaningful. Homewood Suites helped get us thru those months of him being in the hospital, and they were there for his graduation. We also reserved several rooms, because we had many travelers, and everyone was well cared for and had plenty of room. Some drove, some flew, but we were all accommodated and made to feel at home. I do believe the staff help make this place so great, but the amenities are also worth mentioning. Great breakfast every morning. Relaxing atmosphere. Comfy without the 'tourist' feel. It's not in the city, but it's an easy drive, and free parking!! You can read about my sons whole experience on Facebook @ Alex Robinson.

Room Tip: I personally like the one bedroom suite, especially with kids. Hello, 2 TVs!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Courtney R, Front Desk Supervisor at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Hi Rachael,

Thank you again for another amazing review. We are so happy to be able to welcome you and your family back on so many occasions. It has been such a pleasure to see Alex grow and get stronger throughout the years. He has accomplished so much and we couldn't be more proud to have all of you as apart of our family here. We look forward to celebrating more occasions with Alex and the rest of your family! Congratulations to Alex!