“February visit...”

Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar
Ranked #23 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I found the entire staff to be friendly and accord acting. I get the entire staff made the extra effort to make my stay memorable. I will say the morning breakfast crew cannot make a decent coffee to save their soul, the coffee just sucked

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Write a ReviewReviews (1,630)

Reviewed February 14, 2014

My Son, grandson and I stayed here on Tuesday February 11th. They gave us an upgrade on our room and were very courteous and friendly. The hotel is very clean. beds are comfortable and bedding is nice and crisp and fluffy comforters. The breakfast was good. Two kinds of scrambled eggs, hash brown potatoes, toast, muffins, bagels, cold cereal, yougerts, fruits, waffles, oatmeal, juices, coffee, soy milk, very plentiful. This was our third stay at this property and we will definitely stay here again when we are in the area. Thank you to gentleman at the desk that night at about 11:30 PM (I did not get your name) For your Kindness & professional demeanor. I hope your employer knows what a good employee he or she has in you. : )

Room Tip: We were on the third floor in room #313 - 2 bedroom - 1 with two queen beds, 1- with a King bed - 2...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ryan B, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Thank you Maryrc1961 for taking the time to write your review. I will make sure that our night auditor knows that he provided excellent service to you. We are proud of our team here and we strive every day to provide incredibly personalized and caring service. Thank you for your review and we can not wait to have you back for your next stay!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I was very pleased with my 3-night stay at this Homewood Suites. We stayed in a two-bedroom suite and found it very comfortable and spacious. The hotel staff was very friendly - and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I have always been a fan of Hiltons but your staff at Homewood Suites went above and beyond. I was staying there while (two weeks) and everyone at Homewood was amazingly helpful. In particular, Ryan at the front desk always went out of his way to me by name and was happy to help me with any any request. Also, another guy (I didn't catch his name) always asked me how I was doing during the meals. (A really solid breakfast buffet is included every morning and dinners Mon - Thurs) He even offered to pack me up a breakfast to go on my check out day. The rest of the staff was great too - I don't know how housekeeping did it, but they swooped in like cleaning fairies and had my room refreshed if I stepped out for 30 min. The room were always clean and stocked, everything worked, and it felt like somewhere nice to go to (since I wasn't going home). Plenty spacious, nice amenities (full fridge, solid collection of cookware, free wifi).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Staff very personable & professional. Extremely accommodating. Meals very satisfactory. Management very eager to please. Appear to cater to the business traveler. Nice and safe area. Nice grounds. I will stay @ this hotel again!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you Pam H for the review! While we are a very popular hotel for families visiting the San Diego area, we also pride ourselves in matching the needs of our frequent business guests. With the complimentary daily breakfast and Welcome Home Reception nearly every weekday we do our best to make business trips a little less business and a lot more comfortable. We hope to have you again next time you are in San Diego, hopefully for vacation!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

My family recently returned from a vacation in San Diego and had originally intended on a beachfront hotel; however, I am so glad we stayed where we did. We decided on the Homewood Suites (DelMar) as we have had excellent experiences with Homewood Suites in the past and we always appreciate the separate living space once the kids were in bed. We really have nothing negative to say about this experience. Simply put, it was hard to leave - not just because of the fantastic climate, but because the hotel was great for our family. If you are looking for something close to the ocean (a five minute drive), clean, and spacious this is the place for you.

The most important factor for us was customer service and they were great on all accounts. We were particularly pleased with the service from David who greeted our family with a warm smile each morning. The hotel made a great acquisition when they hired him. Thanks, David!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Every things was good except for the breakfast. scramble egg was so dry that I felt like I was eating rubber. And they did not have any beacon, or sausage. May be I was the only one who liked fatty food, sorry! After all that was a free breakfast. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room was facing to the side of the hotel on 3rd floor. Not much of the view. We can see where...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you susuethan for your review. I am so sorry that the breakfast you experienced was anything less than stellar. I have passed on your review to our breakfast staff and Food and Beverage department so we can make sure that our breakfasts are always to the high standards we are known for. I am glad the rest of your stay was great and we hope to have you stay with us again soon.