“Good place for families.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar
Ranked #22 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Servicer: The service is excellent. They go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. Especially the people in the cafeteria.

Cafetaria: The breakfast was ok but comes as part of the room rate. But they are very responsive to the care of guests. They even made a special meal for my kids. The dinner and drinks for free in the evening is a great option.

Rooms: The suites don't have multiple rooms which is a downside but are clean and comfortable.

Price: a little pricey.

Location: downside is there are no restaurants or eating places in the vicinity but great location to hit La Jolla, Legoland and San Diego from one hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Write a ReviewReviews (1,630)

997 - 1,003 of 1,630 reviews

Reviewed November 23, 2013

This place is old looking and smells musty. I was given a room on the fourth floor. The showers have mildew. The shower door dose not close all the way so water leaks out all over the floor. The shower head is broken and does not swivel or adjust. Will not be returning to this place. Better off staying at Hilton Garden next door or the hilton next to del mar race tracks. They were sold out the week I was traveling and I made the mistake of staying at this place as an alternative.

• Stayed: November 2013
Ryan B, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Good Afternoon Tiggerho2002,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. While we strive for excellence with all of our guests stays, it seems that your experience was not up to the standard that we are known for. I would love to have an opportunity to speak with you about your stay. If you get a chance please feel free to email me at rburke@homewoodsuitesdelmar.com. Thank you again and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

The folks at this hotel had one thing in mind...my comfort. They were very helpful and dis whatever thwy could to make sure I had a great stay. I felt pampered from the moment I walked through the doors.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Overall it was an enjoyable stay. I would stay there again. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Would like to see more choices for breakfast items but food was good. The close access for spa services was a definite added bonus!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Wife and I stayed here for a week and used it as a base to take in local attractions. Very good hotel. Location is quiet suburban area but you can be in San Diego, La Jolla, or at the Torrey Pines Preserve in minutes as
I-5 is nearby.

Breakfast is well done every day. Monday-Thursday there is dinner buffet that is excellent. If you don't want to go out for either meal, you can get along very nicely with these meals. Management is on top of everything and assures guest's satisfaction. Many kudos to them.

Hot tub and heated pool are very nice.

I'd have given this hotel all 5 stars but for a couple of items. Booked a king suite but never got it upon arrival. Got a queen suite instead. Queen bed was small and mattress sloped toward middle. Not the most comfortable.

Otherwise I highly recommend this property and would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peter H
Ryan B, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you Peter H. for your wonderful review! Our location really is great for accessing all that San Diego has to offer, and we are glad you had a chance to take advantage of that. We are also happy you had a chance to enjoy both our breakfast and dinner options as well. We are sorry though that your room was not what you were expecting. If you don't mind please feel free to email me at rburke@homewoodsuitesdelmar.com so we can find out what happened and make it right.

Thank you again and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The staff were very helpful and friendly, the rooms clean and comfortable. We did not attend the managers reception but the Complimentary Breakfast selection was very good and they have excellent coffee. The pool area is very small and shaded, likely great in the hot summer months but during the shoulder seasons not a good destination for those who want to spend time around a pool. Overall we were happy with our stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
2  Thank jonbr
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed at the Homewood Suites San Diego-Del Mar for 8 weeks. It couldn't have been better, everyone was super friendly and accommodating. Any minor issues (light bulb out) were resolved immediately. It was very hard being away from home for that long but they made it easier, the front desk staff new my name and greeted me every morning as I was leaving and night when I came back. The room was large, comfortable and clean. My family came for a week to visit and the housekeeping staff even made my 3 years olds little portable blow up bed every day by straightening his blanket and arranging his animals (it was very sweet). The staff always seemed happy to be at work and enjoying their jobs. Courtney, Julie and Norma (there was one other lady and young man whose names I cant remember) made the stay that much more enjoyable with their friendliness and helpfulness. I was originally supposed to stay in the Gaslamp District but I found myself scrambling last minute to find a place that I could live with for 8 weeks. I am extremely happy I happened upon this place!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business