We stood at the Homewood suites on a weekend to celebrate my nephew's 4th birthday. This hotel is great because it's right in between SEA WORLD and LEGOLAND (both parks he wanted to go to for his birthday celebrations). We had a group of 7 (3 families) and reserved 3 King suites. It worked out perfectly, especially since we didn't overcrowd our rooms. Having the convenience of a separation between the bedroom and sitting room made "nap time" comfortable. The hotel was kind enough to put all of our rooms next to one another. Made it easy to "get up and go". The staff are all wonderful. I would like to commend everyone from the front desk, lounge and pantry service, housekeeping and especially the maintenance department. Everyone works very hard and with a smile. Hopefully the Management recognizes this!! But I know readers are looking for travel tips or for deciding factors between the many hotels in the area, so here are a few....
*The Homewood suites is geared for the business traveler, so the rooms are quiet enough to not hear the family next door. It was a little home away from home.
*The ice machines and elevators are conveniently located away from the rooms so noise is minimized.
*The pool area also has a nice patio/ BBQ area so you can be outside relaxing and not getting splashed or having kids jump over your lounge chair to get to the exit gate
*They have a nice eating lounge and a 24 hour coffee and tea area along with a sundries shop for the midnight snackers.
*The place is really clean and the landscape is really well maintained, easy view of property
*The surrounding area is nice
*The staff is always available and interacts with their guests to make the visit comfortable and convenient.
* The bedroom and sitting room are actually separate from each other... it's not just a partial wall!!
The best example I can give is we had another part of our group decide to stay in San Diego instead of drive home to LA. They had no reservations and are a family of five. The hotels near Sea world were scary and overpriced and with 3 tired kids, finding a hotel wasn't easy! We told them about our hotel. They booked with Homewood suites at the last minute and reserved a 2 queen bed suite at an excellent price... next to our other 3 rooms. It was wonderful and they had a great time. Plenty of room to unwind!! Now, they are big fans of The Homewood Suites Del Mar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Torrey Hills, near Torrey Pines Beach, the Homewood Suites by Hilton® San Diego-Del Mar was specially designed to provide you with a secluded, stress-free stay. Our contemporary studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites provide a true residential feel with all the comforts and luxuries of home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites San Diego-Del Mar Hotel San Diego
- Homewood San Diego
- San Diego Homewood Suites