“Excellent vacation stay choice”

Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar
Ranked #16 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is our third time staying at Homewood Suites and first time stay at Del Mar. The rooms were clean and the services were excellent. Besides a full break fast, the evening receptions were well served. Besides, after a day's travel, what is more appealing than a cup of beer or wine with some food without stepping out of the hotel; plus it is free!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night only but it was a very nice stay. The breakfast was excellent and there were snacks in my room that were a welcomed surprise. My room was very clean and very quiet. Best of all for me was the central location close to many sites.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is one of the better Homewoods we have stayed at. They almost always offer excellent value and this one is no exception. The hotel is well-managed, the location is convenient to all major attractions and beaches, the decor is warm, and the complimentary breakfasts and weekday dinners well-stocked and varied. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My company has an annual conference in San Diego and this Homewood Suites has been our preferred choice for a lot of reasons. The value is unmatched; free wireless, free parking, free breakfast and free dinner. The staff is always friendly and the rooms are clean and well apportioned. During my latest stay, the staff recalled me from a previous visit which was over a year ago. This kind of personalized service and attention to detail (amenities, cleanliness & friendliness) make the Homewood Suite Hotel truly feel like a home away from home. The entire staff was outstanding as usual. I would additionally like to extend my personal thanks to Jaimie at the front desk who daily exemplified all the qualities mentioned above and her friendly, personable customer service.

Room Tip: All the rooms offer the same amenities, however, as a frequent traveler, I prefer rooms located away...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bobby S
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We arrived VERY late on Saturday night. I had a Sunday reservation for a week and by chance found a deal on Hotel Tonight to add the Saturday stay. We called and asked if we could be booked into the same room. The gentleman at the desk said it would be no problem.

When we did arrive after 1 AM, two adults with three kids in tow, there was a small scramble getting the night's reservation, but the gentleman checked us in quickly and gave us lots of advice about the hotel and area. The room was fine for us, everything worked and we got settled in for the night.

The rest of our stay was fantastic. The kids loved the pool, we loved the hot tub, breakfast was top notch and the evening meal was very good and the cold beer and wine were plentiful and the staff made us feel so welcome. Norma and the rest of the team were great We bought tickets for the zoo and wild animal park and the ladies at the front desk were always terrific.

I stay in a lot of Hiltons as a diamond member and I have to say that most of them can learn a lot from the team at Homewood Suites Del Mar.

Wi-fi was good, food was great, TV was fine, bed comfortable, A/C very cold, water pressure/temperature in shower very good, always had extra towels when we called. The toilets could use some improving, but that's about the only criticism. Lots of kids around, but they were all well behaved and no problems at all.

Room Tip: Pool view first floor was great for us.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank hnewburn
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We originally booked the Hilton Torrey Pines for a business trip for my husband. The more I looked at the reviews we decided to switch. The Hilton is going thru a revamp and we were not sure of the room we would get. My husband is also a diamond member. The Hilton TP gives diamond members a choice of three items at the coffee shop. Insulting to me. My husband has earned diamond for 4 years by the amount of night he stays at a Hilton property. He is away from home 1/3 of the year. He doesnt want a muffin for breakfast, he wants eggs and to feel valued. We forgoes the extra points we would have earned at Hilton for Homewood and we made a great choice.
At Homewood everyone recieves a wonderful breakfast and dinner with beer and wine. I would say that some business travelers may be annoyed with the kids and families but there are plenty of spots to escape.
The staff here was very attentive. The ladies that ran the kitchen area were great! They kept the place imaculate and even walked around with a pitcher of beer to refill empty glasses! Awesome!
Our room was a tad worn but very clean and it is probably just that we travel alot that we notice odd things.
Overall, I thought this was a great hotel. Look for the Karl Strauss Brewery mixed behind the office buildings nearby! It was nice surprise!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife and I travel domestically often and recently had ocassion to book Homewood Suites in San Diego for our stay. We could not have been more impressed with their staff. We interacted with many members of their staff during our week there and found them all to be extremely friendly, courteous and helpful. The hotel itself was conveniently located, ( about 3 miles to the coast ) quiet, comfortable and reasonably priced. I highly recommend this property to anyone traveling to the San Diego area

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple