1,724 results
All reviews free dinner mon thurs breakfast and dinner evening reception full kitchen stove top bedroom suite home away from home complimentary breakfast front desk staff torrey pines yogurt sofa bed living area the breakfast area family vacation sea world
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed at the Homewood Suite by Hilton San Diego/Del Mar for a week in August of 2012. We were extremely impressed with the service we received and the hotel was very clean and well maintained. The complimentary breakfasts and dinners were perfect for a family traveling with small children like we were. The only issue we had, and it was minor, was that the bathroom didn't vent very well and it was hard to get swimming suits and towles used at the beach or pool to dry properly. Our room was clean and quite comfy. My wife travels regularly and can be very picky about hotels and she found this to be a great facility.

We did not find the hotel's location to be a problem for getting to major attractions in the area. It is very close to the Interstate and we never had any traffic problems getting to Sea World, San Diego Zoo, Safari Park, or the USS Midway. The Village of Del Mar is a short drive away and has some of the best beaches in the area. The hotel also had beach chairs and umbrella you could use which came in very handy. Yes, you are in a business park type area, but great attractions and restaurants are only a minutes drive away.

We had a great stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone heading to San Diego, especially with kids.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We ended up at the Homewood Suites Hotel at the last minute after leaving a bad home rental situation. The whole two days we were there, we kept pinching oursleves with happiness that we were there in the clean, courtous and customer service oriented environment! It was wonderful! Thank you! Everything about our stay was perfect.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very nice, the rooms were clean, comfortable and the staff was friendly. Having the "suite" was great for the two of us as basically we each had our own room with television. The room also had a small kitchen with refrigerator, microwave and stove, all were new and in great condition, basic cooking utensils and dishes were provided. This came in handy as there was not a restaurant in the hotel, although they did offer complimentary breakfast and a one item dinner (i.e cheesy enchiladas) Monday thru Thursday.

The location was the main issue, this hotel is in an industrial or business area that is isolated from restaurants, especially not close enough to walk to anything.

Also there was no movie channels available so that my daughter in law could order movies while I went to meetings

I would absolutely recommend the hotel just be aware of what you are booking.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I am now a big fan of Homewood suites and will go out of my way to stay in one if it is within budget. The breakfasts are excellent, and they provide a nice light dinner/snack in the evening. This particular Homewood Suites is very clean, very friendly staff, and great housekeepers. The rooms are very nice, with a full refrigerator/freezer, stovetop, sink, microwave. Great job Hilton - you have earned my business.

Room Tip: Room 202 had some strange noises above at night/early evening - could be noise from elevator??
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed three days in the one bedroom suite. I liked the decor, and all appeared clean and in good condition. The highlight for me was the dinners since they include an excellent romaine lettuce salad bar, with veggies. The complimentary wine was excellent.
As a vegetarian typically these included dinners have almost no offerings for a vegetarian other than iceberg lettuce.

I do wish the breakfast had more veggie options, but I made do with the scrambled eggs. The location is excellent and my room was quiet, on the parking lot side since the booking agent said the pool side would likely be noisier.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo