1,712 results
All reviewsfree dinnermon thursbreakfast and dinnerevening receptionfull kitchenstove topbedroom suitehome away from homecomplimentary breakfastfront desk stafftorrey pinesyogurtsofa bedliving areathe breakfast areafamily vacationsea world
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have Hilton honor Gold, and have stayed in many Hiltons. This was one of the worst. I was told in an email by the manager that a 2 bedded room would not be a problem, it was. The sofa bed was\he worst one I have ever seen. The cot was even worse. Housekeeping was pathetic, they came first at 7:30 am, then (we were sleeping), then returned around 4 pm when we wanted to freshen up before dinner. The manager sent me an email asking me to write a review on TA, when I replied and explained my concerns there was no response, and it has been over a month!!!! This stay is making me rethink Hilton as the chain I like to do buisness with.

Room Tip: Another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel from 10-13 Feb 2013. The entire staff from check-in, to dining room staff, to service workers we passed in the hall were genuinely friendly. The breakfast everyday was great and the manager's evening social was also a nice touch. The restaraunt at the Hilton Garden inn next-door also had good food and was conveniently located. I've stayed in a lot of Hilton Homewood Suites and Embassy Suites and this one ranks right up there with the best. Would definitely stay here again. These folks value their guests. Wish this manager and staff worked for any of the airlines, they could teach them so much about customer service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed one night at Homewood Suites in February 2013. The staff was super friendly! I had a two room suite consisting of a small sitting area with a mini kitchen and a tiny bedroom. The room was quite, functional and clean. Bed was comfortable and the furnishing and decor was nice. I would definitely stay here again. I give this hotel a four out of five rating. Here are the reasons I am not giving it a five: the gym is very small consisting of only one elliptical machine, one recumbent bike, two treadmills and a small bench and a few weights. It seems too small for a hotel. There were a couple of design issues in the room that made it less than perfect for me. The bathroom door opened out and could only open half way because it would get stuck behind the light fixture. The lighting for the vanity area was too low for applying makeup or shaving.

Room Tip: My room was facing the pool on the second floor. It was quiet. I presume rooms facing the street area would be noisier.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had an extended stay in the San Diego area and definitely made the right decision! Everything about this hotel is really great. First the suites are comfortable, very clean, and homey. Having a full kitchen is a plus, even though most people wouldn't need it since there's a wonderful full breakfast every morning that comes with the room and even dinner several nights a week. I personally loved the hot oatmeal. It was the real thing!

Then there was the service. I had to extend my stay due to a family emergency and the hotel was full. Somehow they found a room for me so I didn't have to move to another hotel.

The location is great as well. It's right by the expressway, but I didn't hear it at all from my room, which faced the courtyard and pool. I did hear it somewhat from the one bedroom suite when windows were open. I also love the fact that they have windows that open.

The other good part about the location is that you are a block away from a residential area and a few blocks from a wonderful part and a walking path.

I also liked the fact that I could do my laundry there, it had a nice workout facility and it was always very quiet. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are quieter than the one bedroom suites, which all face the parking lot and road.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We recently stayed for a week at Homewood Suites San Diego/Del Mar. Our suite was one of the best, cleanest, coziest rooms we've stayed in. the location was good. very quiet. great food at breakfast and the manager's reception. but what made it best was the friendly, helpful staff. we would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: i would suggest a room on the shorter wing of the hotel because i believe it may be quieter there. although it was very quiet throughout as far as we could tell.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple