1,743 results
All reviews complimentary breakfast and dinner mon thurs evening reception stove top full kitchen bedroom suite home away from home front desk staff torrey pines yogurt sofa bed living area the breakfast area sea world family vacation the entire staff business center
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed here for 3 days for a wedding in Del Mar. It's in a business park area so there's nothing you can walk to, but that's the only drawback. It's only 10 min from Del Mar, so was very convenient, but cheaper than hotels in Del Mar itself. It's also close to UCSD, so had a number of those families. Our suite had two queens in a separate bedroom (with a door you can close off) from the kitchen/living area. Kitchen is small, but has all you need. Sofa is a sleeper bed if you need extra room. The queen beds are really comfortable, we slept very well. Hot breakfast is included, which was very nice. It included scrambled eggs, waffles, pastries, oatmeal, etc. Didn't try the pool, but it seemed to be very popular. The staff was very helpful, especially at the front desk.This is the only hotel we've ever been in however, that didn't air-condition their hallways. A little stuffy, but tolerable. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We decided to stay at this hotel based on all of the positive reviews on Trip Advisor and, let me tell you, we were NOT disappointed!

We have never stayed at a Homewood Suites before, but if this is how all of them are run, we will stay at more of them when we travel. Every staff member that we came into contact with was friendly and helpful; our one room suite was PERFECT for a five day stay because it was as close to home as you can get on a vacation; and the breakfasts and dinners that we ate were delicious, too! What a great value we received for the room rate we paid!

This hotel is within 20-30 minutes of any San Diego attraction you could want to visit and it is away from the hussle and bussle of downtown San Diego. It is in a residential and business park neighborhood, but that didn't bother us at all. It was really quiet and you felt safe if you decided to take a walk in the evening.

The ONLY issue I have with this hotel is that the hot tub is REALLY REALLY HOT. OMG, I could only stay in it for about 10 minutes and then I felt as if my internal organs were being cooked! LOL! They need to reduce the heat about 5-10 degrees and then it would be great.

I highly recommend this hotel if you are a couple or a family with kids (we saw a lot of families with kids on the weekend). We will definitely stay here whenever we return to San Diego to get out of the Arizona desert heat.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Excellent location, freeway close (Carmel Mountain exit of I-5), quiet (really quiet!), area devoid of traffic, street and hustle-bustle noise. A must for the business traveler who really needs a place to unwind (especially after a hard days work!).

Staff is extremely polite and attentive. Breakfast is always fresh and well stocked. Monday-Thursday meals are the best of the hotels in this class.

Note: Do not confuse Carmel Mountain exit with Carmel Valley Road exit! Make sure you use Local Bypass on I-5 (both directions), to get to Carmel Mountain interchange.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel is in a great area in San DIego and really close to the freeway. I checked in a little early. Finding the hotel room as a little confusing at first. The room was a king executive suite, but it was smaller than I expected after viewing the photos on the internet. The kitchen area was small and compact. There were a total of four areas - the kitchen, the living room, restroom and the bedroom. All of the rooms were clean and well stocked. The HVAC unit is kind of loud if you are a really light sleeper, but it did not bother me. There is a daliy complimentary breakfast that is well stocked and very well staffed. The staff members were great attentive and polite. There is a complimentary evening meal Monday thru Thursday which is a great service - especially if you have kids.The hotel was great overall and worth a repeat visit.

Room tip: You can ask for an interior room if you want to have a view of the swimming pool.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Let me begin by saying that my husband uses this hotel with regularity and this is my review based on our stay in September. First room we received was smoke laden, not good for a non-smoking room, then they moved us to Room 338. Ruptured ceiling and shabby, old furniture. We reported and documented the problem as soon as we were put into the room. No one ever came up to look at the ceiling when we were there. Funny how they forget about you so quickly. The worst part of my stay with him was that I got over 2 dozen bug bits all over my body, also documented and sent to their management. We did receive credit for our stay and a bag of candy. What I'm most upset about is that I never received an apology, just a comment from their GM that it could just be a rash...I know bug bits when I see/feel them and have the photographs to prove it. I'm still waiting for a response to an email I personally sent to the GM, but have not heard from her (Ms. Kimble). Apparently they are SO big that a customer can be forgotten about and dismissed so easily. SHAME on them.

• Trip type: Traveled on business