Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar
$99
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$109
$125
$89
Travelocity
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$199
$189
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$187
$178
  • Beachfront
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
$299
  • Beachfront
La Jolla Beach Travelodge(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$127
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$173
$169
1,655 results
All reviewscomplimentary breakfast and dinnermon thursfull kitchenstove topevening receptionbedroom suitehome away from homesmall kitchenfront desk stafftorrey pinesyogurtsofa bedthe breakfast arealiving areafamily vacationsea worldpool and hot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed here during our recent vacation to San Diego. I have nothing bad to say about this place! Check-in was friendly and fast, the room was super clean upon arrival with a nice letter from the managers just in case we had problems. The housekeepers did a wonderful job of keeping our room spotless and our kids loved how they would line up their stuffed animals on the bed--such a nice touch!

When we return to SD we will keep this place in mind!

The pool water was warm and the hot tub was nice and hot. The breakfast was plentiful with lots of selections--eggs, bacon, bagels, toast, cereal, hot oatmeal already prepared, lowfat yogurt with fruit and granola, waffle machines, great coffee and great juice!

The location is in a very safe area. My son and I even went jogging straight out of the hotel--there are sidewalks everywhere!

NOTE: One night we tried to go to bed early because we'd all gotten up around 4:30 am. Our room faced the pool area and it does get pretty loud depending on how many kids there are playing. No problem on regular nights, as the pool closes at 10 pm. But if you have young ones getting to bed before 10 pm you might want to request a room on the opposite side of the hallway to avoid the possibility of noise.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank luvlifeandtravel
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We stayed here after attending a SD Padres game. We've stayed at other Homewood Suites and I was very surprised that this hotel had an unusually small room. The bed was a king and the end tables encroached onto the bed, the room was more suited for a queen. The furniture in living room was knicked up a little. Overall service was good, breakfast always excellent, pool was warm, and never ending tea & coffee in the lobby.

1  Thank twinmom8
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I do not have anything bad to say about this hotel. From the moment we checked in, we had nothing but great experiences here. We rented the 2 bedroom king suite which was very roomy and spacious. Very clean and comfortable. The sheets and towels were very soft and not scratchy like some other low budget places. We stayed here for a family vacation and went to the zoo, Legoland and Disneyland. All were not a far drive at all. While visiting Legoland we stopped at the Carlsbad outlet mall and did some shopping. The kids (8, 4 and 2 yrs) all loved the pool at the hotel and never wanted to leave. The water was a little too cool for me and my husband, but the kids didn't seem to mind at all. It was nice to have a full kitchen although we never really had to use it. The breakfasts were wonderful. We were there 5 days and never had the same thing over and over for breakfast. Eggs were not the usual powder eggs you get from hotels. We did partake in the dinners Monday thru Wednesday and they were quite delicious too. For the food being free, you would think it would be tasteless or boring, but not the case here. They all did a wonderful job. We would definitely return to this hotel if we come back to the San Diego area. We felt like the hotel was our home away from home while we were there. We did have free internet in our room. Also loved that we could rent movies that were very new that haven't come out to video. You can watch them for 24 hours from any tv in the room. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but all in all this place is definitely worth every penny! Oh, I guess if I had to say anything that I wish would have been different, I would have to say I wish the alarm clocks would have a "white noise" function so that it wasn't so quiet in the bedrooms at night.

3  Thank mlreyna111
OpsManagerSD, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego-Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2011

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am glad you were able to enjoy all the wonderful amenities the hotel has to offer. We are very central in San Diego which makes it convenient to visit many of San Diego's greatest attractions. Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

Staff from front desk, to dining area, to cleaning crew were all gracious and most helpful. Meal options excellent. Room was clean and spacious. Large "sleeping" room with two beds and room for 1-2 cots if needed and still room to walk around. 16 mins from SeaWorld, 30 mins from Lego Land, 10 minutes from Torrey Pines beach!!!

3  Thank CaliLover21
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Our family of four (kids 4 yo and 6 mo) stayed here for a recent trip to Sea World. The hotel is close to the freeway to make trips to attractions easy. We made the mistake of trying to go to Sea World on the same day as the San Diego Rock-n-Roll Marathon, however, that turned a 15 minute trip into an 90 minute trip.

Check-in was easy. We had a double queen suite, that was a good size and generally clean, but not spotless. The in-room refrigerator is more than large enough for a few days of food. The kitchen included plates and utensils. Call housekeeping for dishsoap and a cleaning sponge. They also brought us a crib for our little one.

You can stock the fridge with food from the grocery store that's only a couple minutes away, by car. The breakfast is great. The gratis dinner is NOT served on the weekend.

There was supposed to be free wi-fi in the common areas, only; but even there we were never able to get on the network. The front desk personnel were unable to help us with that. They just directed us to the business center. While the computers there are functional, they could probably use some updating. I specifically recall at least one sticky mouse that made navigating the Internet frustratingly inefficient. I think you can pay for a plug in or wi-fi in your room.There were a few eateries near the grocery store, but most of them closed by 9pm.

The jacuzzi had a less than clean appearance, we were told, due to age and nothing else. It would fill with foam when the jets were running. The pool is small, and unless you get there when towels are first stocked in the morning, you may have to bring your own from the room. I understand that they may be improving the pool and jacuzzi.

Parking was free and ample, but not covered.

All things considered, I would go back to this hotel with my family, but not for a couples getaway or any special occasion.

• Stayed: June 2011