“I'll return to Po Pazzo every time I visit San Diego”

Po Pazzo Bar and Grille
Ranked #1,088 of 4,770 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Grape Street
Transit: Bus and trolley within blocks
Las Vegas, Nevada
“I'll return to Po Pazzo every time I visit San Diego”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Went to Po Pazzo for my company's Christmas Party on December 7, 2012. They flew us in from Vegas. Po Pazzo (a little crazy) is located in the Little Italy district. The restaurant is charming. The staff is very nice and accommodating. The food was excellent. I had their filet with shrimp on a spicy potato puree. My filet was cooked perfectly. Their shrimp is very special, I could eat a bucket of it. I had a cucumber salad for an app, it had sweet roasted corn, blue cheese and avocado in a balsamic reduction and it was delicious. I will definitely return.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Sheilah M

California
“Surprising good accidental find.”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We were walking back to our car after visiting the Saturday morning farmers market. Everyone was ambiguous over the idea of stopping at Po Pazzo for lunch because it didn't look like a potential hit. The inside was ordinary for this style of restaurant but lunch was surprisingly great.

San Diego, California, United States
“Just Remodeled”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I like what they did with the place. New seating and decor. Good place for a nightcap. Good hour.menu.

Calgary, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

There are many choices to eat in Little Italy. As a tourist, we went for what looked to be a traditional Italian restaurant, and were told by the hostess that because it was a Thursday, the wine was half price...a bit of an incentive. We sat. We waited, and waited...and were almost ready to leave (We should have! Trust your own instincts!) when finally the waiter appeared. He recommended two specials, to which my husband and I ordered. The old expression that the specials are based on what is at the bottom of the freezer holds true.If you like to exercise your jaw, I would recommned other ways than eating their seafood. Calamari, prawns, lobster tail, all came from the same part of the freezer! Steak was good. This kind of cuisine can be found n any strip mall in any urban centre. We think the waiter knew this, because he never asked once how the food was. We noticed our neighboring table sent a dish back and they didn't order the specials! Don't bother.

1 Thank da c
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Relaxing Atmosphere with good food.”
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Located in Little Italy a nice restaurant with a good menu and relaxed atmosphere. A little overpriced but the musical entertainment provided by piano and singer made this a nice night out. I did pre book via e-mail to include a birthday cake for my wife's birthday but this was not supplied and they had no details of my request. All in all a very nice place for a good meal. Worth a visit.