“Sophistication at its best!!”

Po Pazzo Bar and Grille
Ranked #1,258 of 4,894 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Grape Street
Transit: Bus and trolley within blocks
Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Great ambiance, the entertainment is amazing. We love to seat at the bar, have some Negronis while listening to good jazz and then have dinner also at the bar. Food is fantastic , great quality. I'm never disappointed in this place. One of my favorites in SD.

1  Thank rocio022169

Reviewed April 27, 2012

My mom and sister and I went to Po Pazzo for lunch a week ago. We have been to most of the restaurants in Little Italy and wanted to try someplace different. We noticed that this restaurant was off the beaten path, but the reviews we read were all pretty good. We noticed it was completely dead and even asked if they were open. They said yes and seated us. We ordered a steak arugula salad, lobster bisque and their bruscetta for an appetizer. The bruscetta was weird. I was expecting fresh chopped tomato, but it was more of a stew with celery. It was very sweet and tomato-y...very odd. The bisque was delicious with large chunks of lobster, but quite salty. The steak salad was pretty good except that here were only 5 slices of steak which I doubt added up to 4 oz. We could tell the place would be more fun in the evening, it had a beautiful piano bar and gorgeous dinner setting. Even the bathrooms were gorgeous and clean, so it has potential. So, like I said, not the worst, but not the best. I would like to try it for dinner and see if they do better.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Even on a Saturday night, we were seated quickly and on the patio with nice warmth and good curb appeal. Our meals were excellent and the service was very attentive..on a crowded street of many mediocre and overpriced restaurants, I (san diego resident) am glad to see a place that is not all about feeding tourists on a one time basis and not caring what the results are...but to find a place where I would feel good about going back to is important..This is a good place..

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Proper Italian food in a nice setting. Live music some nights (but quiet jazz, not loud). Good wine list. Not so touristy as the others.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Visited on a Thursday night. We have eaten here before and had a good experience. The waitstaff is knowledgeable and professional. The appetizers were excellent; however the entres were salt bombs. We had to send my wifes Ahi back. For my part I woke up at night with my tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth They replaced the Ahi with a grilled salmon that wasn't seasoned or for that matter particularly fresh. .I know that running a restaurant is a tough business. I wish them well but for the value based on price and experience I won't be back.