“Forget the Dinner Cruise”

Hornblower Cruises & Events
Book In Advance
$126.59*
and up
Viator Exclusive: San Diego Luxury Dinner Cruise with Window Seating and...
$42.00*
San Diego Whale Watching Expedition Cruise
$30.00*
San Diego Two Hour Harbor Cruise and Sea Lion Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: San Diego Dinner Cruises,Champagne Brunch, Blue Whale watching. Sightseeing by boat on Harbor Cruises on San Diego Bay or Gray Whale Watching Cruises (seasonally). Summer Cocktail Cruises, Blue Whale Watching in summer, Fireworks dinner cruises and Lobster Dinner Cruises! Private yacht charters, holiday parties and Destination wedding receptions for two or groups under 1000. Special discounts are posted online. Birthday offer: Buy 3 dinner tickets or brunch and get 1 FREE! Use code BDY.Family friendly with discounts for children, seniors, military and groups.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I took my g.f. on this cruise (Saturday the 15th) as an early "anniversary" gift. Initially we were treated very well, but as soon as our server, Kaycee greeted us & read about our "celebration" it all went downhill from there!

What a Rude Little Girl! We watched her wait on other couples; take pre-dinner orders from them, pour their wine at each visit to their tables, chat with them.... but she ignored us until the end, when she found out from her co-worker, Myrian, that we were asking names & I review here on Trip Advisor..... Only at the end of the dinner cruise when it was time to pay our extra tab... (because EVERYTHING Is Extra) and leave a tip (which I did not) did Kaycee offer to pour me my last glass of wine!

Myrian was more than friendly & helpful, chatting & asking if there was anything she could help us with....

Now for the food, which was $75 per dinner, the main portion was delicious and the salad was good, but the rest was sorely lacking....

* It took a long time before any food was offered or the bread served.
* The menu stated Risotto came w/ the Salmon but in its place we got some slimy over-cooked green leafy vegetable.
* The green beans were tasteless and undercooked.
* The "baby" carrots I refused to eat... I do not knowingly eat chemically processed foods.
* The Bruschetta was tasty but @ $7.50 Extra for Four pieces, it was not worth the price.
* The slice of cheesecake was really only 1/2 of a slice.
* With the exception of the Salmon, the portions were small.

Then came the music & dancing (which was not advertised on the website). The d.j. was some young woman who gushed over-effusively when taking "personal requests" from us (which she then came out & told us that she would not play because it didn't fit in). She was also rather inappropriate.... attempting to take center stage by dancing & gesticulating wildly while playing music.

Also, much to our dismay, there were Screamingly Loud children on the Dinner Cruise who were part of a wedding party.... The problem was they were hungry & became very rambunctious; yelling, screaming, running all over the dance floor waiting for dinner to be served....... It really ruined the ambiance for us.

The bathrooms...... OMG, No toilet paper or seat covers..... Only 3 bathrooms for how many people?

Safety precautions? Not once was it mentioned where the life jackets or safety boats were located.......

I didn't mind paying extra for the window seats, (yes that was "extra"), the souvenir glasses (which Kaycee shoved into each other and into a box without any type of protective wrapping), the two photographs, or the glasses of "Boarding Bubbly"...... But $145 Per Person... For?

NEVER AGAIN!

2  Thank Auntie-Nanuuq

Reviewed March 14, 2014

The dinner was surprisingly good. I had the flat iron steak and my spouse had the Loch Duart Salmon with Miso Soy Glaze. The flat iron was grilled to perfection and the salmon was terrific. The seasonal salad was very good and the Crème Brûlée was an appropriate end to a good meal.

The cruise left the dock at 7 pm and although viewing the city lights were nice, I would have liked to see more of the USS Midway and the rest of the bay in the daylight.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We did the 2 hour trip which takes you to both the south and north parts of the harbor. The guides are interesting and funny. Good drinks from the bar crew!

We were lucky enough to see one of the nuclear subs coming back into port. The views of the naval yard are pretty amazing, too.

1  Thank tap0629
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We went on the afternoon whale watching cruise. We saw 7 whales! Great staff! Reasonable prices. We will go again next time we are in San Diego :)

1  Thank psalm119
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I really recomend this ride by San Diego Harbor. It's the best way to see the fabulous San Diego's skyline. If you're lucky, maybe you can see some dolphins and whales too. At least, you will see the sealions for sure. They are always there! It's better that you choose a sunny day, of course, and don't forget you sunscreen!