“Whale watching”

Hornblower Cruises & Events
Book In Advance
$126.59*
and up
Viator Exclusive: San Diego Luxury Dinner Cruise with Window Seating and...
$42.00*
San Diego Whale Watching Expedition Cruise
$30.00*
San Diego Two Hour Harbor Cruise and Sea Lion Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: San Diego Dinner Cruises,Champagne Brunch, Blue Whale watching. Sightseeing by boat on Harbor Cruises on San Diego Bay or Gray Whale Watching Cruises (seasonally). Summer Cocktail Cruises, Blue Whale Watching in summer, Fireworks dinner cruises and Lobster Dinner Cruises! Private yacht charters, holiday parties and Destination wedding receptions for two or groups under 1000. Special discounts are posted online. Birthday offer: Buy 3 dinner tickets or brunch and get 1 FREE! Use code BDY.Family friendly with discounts for children, seniors, military and groups.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Stroller parking
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My 2 friends and I went on a whale watching trip with Hornblower and it was fabulous! The crew and volunteers truly went out of their way to give us a great experience. They seem to love what they're doing and they pass that on to their guests. I highly recommend this excursion.

1  Thank jmac0824

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is our 3rd time Whale & Dolphin Watching with Hornblower. This time our voyage was later in the migration season and the weather was very foggy. Made it difficult to spot whales, but we DID! 3 whales were sighted along with numerous dolphins. Nothing better that seeing that puff of water hit in the horizon, followed by the long roll of the whale. It's a bucket list item for sure. Playful dolphins always highlight the trip.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

All I can say is this was an "AmazingTrip"! We went out on the 1:30 pm trip this week. We saw 6whales breeching. Saw some Grey whales also. The Captain of our ship was wonderful,. This was definately a must do trp ifyou are in San Diego in Feb or March.I told my husband this was a best trip ever, I was very happy we did go, we almost opted ou becase of weather.
A MUST DO TRIP FOR EVRYONE IN THEIR LIFETIME!

1  Thank mom212
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Undoubtedly one of the best days of my life! I did both the south bay tour and the whale watching cruise (which includes the north bay) with Hornblower. We had a perfect day, weatherwise. The weather was pleasant, the sea was quite calm even far into the ocean and all the whales and dolphins decided to cooperate and put on a spectacular show for us. We managed to see a humpback who was in a particularly playful mood, two mating Pacific Eastern greys, and a bunch of dolphins swimming along apart from the sea lions sunning themselves on the buoys. This is a matter of luck really so the company cannot really predict either the weather or the behaviour of the whales and dolphins but I was really lucky on this particular day. We had some wonderful volunteers on board from the natural history museum who were really helpful and a fund of knowledge! They even did a presentation for us at the end and thanks especially to laurie who answered all my questions and some more!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We bought the tickets online and checked in at the ticket booth, then got in line. We walked past the photo op and so did a few others I saw. As soon as we got off shore the temperature dropped and the wind picked up. People wearing shorts were very cold. No matter what the weather is like in San Diego, BRING a coat if you cruise for whale watching! You will need it, even if its sunny and warm in SD, I promise. We did and were able to enjoy the trip. We got hot chocolate on board and it was great. At the 9 mile out mark, we started seeing a whale blow air out of his blow hole and when we got closer, he leapt out of the water! Then 2 more came and seemed to be mating (the captain told us). The jumping whale did so the whole time we were there and even the crew took out their phones and filmed it. Everyone was delighted. Well, I saw some people who were seasick...it happens, so you might want to take Dramamine ahead of time.

1  Thank Lori S