“we came back”

Ranked #288 of 4,773 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Greek Islands Cafe has been open in the same location for 34 years. With our picturesque views and amazing homemade food, its has been a local favorite for many years and hopefully years to come. All our desserts are made in house and well as some of our specialties like Pasticcio and Spanakopits as well as Dolmades.
California
“we came back”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had eaten here several years ago and on this anniversary trip I was looking forward to coming back. I love greek food.
Last time I am pretty sure I just ordered the gyros without even looking at the menu. This time I noticed they had souvlaki. The difference? Not much, the meat. It was wonderful. I had a huge salad on the side. Hubby had the grilled chicken/salad. Good to, but not as good as mine! Beautiful day sitting outside by the water, shooooing off the pigeons. Nice greek music. A fav spot for me when in town.

Visited May 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Half a chicken?”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This place is delicious, inexpensive and authentic. Delicious greek food at a reasonable price. There is patio seating on the bay (20 feet from the water). Beautiful views, delicious food and none of the cost of the neighboring upscale restaurants. I had the half chicken and a side of hummus, my wife had the Gyro. Total cost- $25.

Visited April 2013
“Nice location”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

The location, right by the bay, is beautiful. It's self service and I thought the price reflected the amount of food you get. The gyros was good. The Dolmades were not my taste at all, and they are usually my favorite. I would go back.

• Visited April 2013
Harwich, United Kingdom
“Basic, great food”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Not cheap but no more expensive than anywhere else in the area.
Freshly prepared food and very tasty.
If you like greek food this is good.

Portland
“Not black tie, but very good”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We went here on a Groupon special, but we'd go back anytime. It's one of the many small cafes at Seaport Village, but in its own way, a standout. I'd give it a 5, but I generally reserve that for the fancier spots. Okay, it's not fancy. In fact, it's order-at-the-counter, so it's not much on ambiance; but those things aside, the food is very good and very plentiful at a very reasonable price. Another plus is that it has a nice view of the harbor.

• Visited March 2013