Tripadvisor
San Diego

“Two dinners in two nights”

Dobson's Bar & Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broadway
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I enjoyed this restaurant so much that I went back for dinner the next night. The first night I ate duck and the mussel chowder. The next night I ate escargots and filet. All the meals were excellent. I also enjoyed the fresh sourdough bread.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (174)

Reviewed December 3, 2019

We ate at the bar and had so much fun! Happy Hour 5 to 7 with great offerings! Beautiful wood bar, intimate dining upstairs.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 16, 2019

We were going to see a play at the Civic Center theater and this restaurant is very close by, six of us had an excellent meal, I highly recommend you have reservations as it was packed by the time we left, very nice bar, the service was excellent as was the food. Two problems, they charge $1.50 for bread per person and bring it to the table without asking and for a party of 6 they automatically added a 20% gratuity and did not mention that when bringing the bill.

Date of visit: November 2019
1  Thank Bigmike1126
Reviewed September 17, 2019

This place has been around for decades what a great following serving classic dishes. Filet mignon and mussel bisque are must haves when visiting. Service is friendly and remind me of how thing used to be done - RIGHT!. If you are looking for a spot to have a meal with none of the pretense - this is your spot!

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank standardhollywood
Reviewed September 15, 2019

We were going to The Rep Friday night and chanced by Dobson's. The bar is usually crowded (for good reason), but we spotted empty table on sidewalk patio. Happy hour till 7 pm. Our foodserver, Areceli, was delightful and provided excellent food and wine suggestions. We had so much fun, we barely make it to the 8 pm show!

Date of visit: September 2019