“An excellent place!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Cedar
Transit: Coaster stop 3 blocks south-west, bus stop on the south east corner, trolley tours stop on the south east corner.
Description: Urban Italian groove, old country cuisine with a modern flare. Buzzing with vibrant energy.Rotating local artists splashing their creations on our walls as we bring our culinary prowess to your table. Sustainable & local is our mantra. Our menu screams old school classics yet our specials are whimsical creations from whats in season. Quail, rabbit, lamb ~ Homemade gnocchi, lasagne and ravioli rock the casbah...Gluten-free & whole grain pastas are available as well as a wide variety of vegetarian items to choose from. "A day without wine is a day without sunshine" over 100 bottles & more than 20 by the glass are offered to dazzle and delight. This list is off the hook! Small, boutique wineries from all over the world! We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and high quality products for an enchanting experience for all of our guests. Raise your glass and fill your soul with heart and goodness ~ cheers!
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Being an Italian who lives in the US, I normally don't go have dinner in Italian restaurants. In San Diego California, Little Italy is a great neighborhood, where the generation of Italians running their business there is doing amazing things... with class, authenticity and style. I was really pleased with service, quality of food, presentation and taste. Yes!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a place to eat in Little Italy part of San Diego downtown. I looked at TripAdvisor reviews and selected this place. We weren't disappointed. The meal was very tasty and portions were generous. We didn't feel it was overpriced either for what we've got. The tables outside are very close together, so you feel like you are at the same table as your neighbors, but that didn't bother us since we ended up next to a very pleasant couple with whom we ended up chatting for a few minutes. I also liked that the restaurant has heaters outdoors.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I ate here twice whilst in San Diego; once alone (always a good test of service) and once will 8 colleagues. This is an assured and thoughtful restaurant, with a busy and friendly atmosphere, genuine and friendly service and really reliable food. Minestrone soup with green pesto - flavoursome, plenty of vegetables and great chicken stock. The fish and pastas, veal and steaks all cooked well; where needed dishes were served with a good range of accompanying vegetables and sauces all offered with the right balance of pace. Not over rushed and not taking for ever either.

A solid wine list - not over priced.

Desserts went down a treat too and I would highly recommend this lovely local restaurant that knows its customers and knows what it is doing.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Our friends took us here the first night we were in San Diego. The food was great, the service was also great and they had an excellent wine list. A nice local place with nice local prices too. Give this place a try.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We chose Buon Appetito after perusing their on-line menu. I found a dish that I had been looking for : Linguine allo Scoglio (linguine with fresh clams and mussels served in the shell, with bay scallops and shrimp). I ordered it with red sauce, although you can order it with white if you choose. I have found that I'm more likely to find Cioppino (more of a shellfish stew) on menus of Italian restaurants in San Diego and San Francisco, so I was really looking forward to ordering it at Buon Appetito. It was very good. The shellfish were plentiful and very fresh. The red sauce complimented this dish. If it is their regular red sauce for pasta and meat dishes, it could be a little bland. I had a glass of the house chianti which was very good as well. My husband ordered the Salmone alls Griglia (grilled salmon on risotto with lemongrass butter.) He liked it very much.

Buon Appetito has outdoor seating near the sidewalk with propane heaters for cold weather. This would be a great place to have a glass of wine and people watch later in the evening.