“Fun in San Diego”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: N/a
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Had a great time, met fun people, had great drinks and service. A really cool bar. My wife, granddaughter and daughter were doing the 1/2 Rock & Roll marathon, while I sat and enjoyed this place.

Reviewed July 4, 2018

I just read an article about a place we've been to many times and I don't think I've ever written about. The Waterfront is a great place in downtown San Diego. They made the top 101 burgers in the US according to Yelp and the Daily Meal. Checking in at #100 The Texas, Waterfront Bar & Grill, San Diego.

"Packing in crowds since 1933, what’s quite possibly the oldest bar in San Diego also serves what very well might be its best burger. Called the Texas, this half-pound, hand-formed patty is topped with melt-in-your-mouth fried onions and your choice of seven cheeses (opt for American). Wash the Texas down with a cold beer and it’ll quickly become obvious why Waterfront has become such an institution."

The waterfront is a small place, almost more like a bar that serves food than a restaurant. Its been there since 1933 and they have seen a lot of places come and go. The have a great selection with everything from burgers to fish and chips to tacos and salads. They also have a great bar!

Parking is on street only or you'll have to find a parking lot in the area.We like to sit outside! Try it, I don't think you will be disappointed!

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Visited a few weeks ago with some family from the area. Had a few drinks, really cool atmosphere especially since it’s the oldest bar in San Diego. There’s plenty of food places to go eat around it too and drinks were relatively cheap for what we had.

Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I came here one morning for breakfast while my husband and I were visiting them. We were excited to see one of the oldest bars in San Diego! This bar is located on what used to be the coastline. Our friends got here before us and it a great seat right by the window. They have seating on the sidewalk and some more in the back of the restaurant. We came on a weekend of a huge bar crawl downtown so the restaurant was really really really packed. I’m not sure if it is normally that packed early on a Saturday.

We started with a bucket of champagne and juice to make mimosas. My friends ordered chilaquiles and I ordered huevos rancheros. The food came out pretty quickly and man was it good. The portions are enormous do you definitely won’t leave hungry. The eggs were cooked perfectly and the ranchero sauce had so much delicious flavor. The avocado was super fresh and the rice and beans complimented the meal perfectly.

The prices are very reasonable and the restaurant is right in the heart of Little Italy so you can wander around and see the incredible farmer’s market that is there on weekends. I highly recommend the food here!

Reviewed April 30, 2018

We had a great time in the shoulder period between lunch and dinner. The staff was super helpful during a time when a lot of staff seem to check out and go on break. We had three checking on us throughout out meal. Thank you Michelle, Kayla & Joey!!

The food was delicious too. Burgers for a late late lunch. The meat was tasty, juicy and cooked to my order (medium rare). The toppings and sauces were high quality. I’m a bacon lover and I’d come back for that topping on my burger!

Give a visit to San Diego’s oldest tavern. Whether it’s for a beer, cocktail or a burger lunch!