“Cheap and on the beach.”
Review of Kono's Cafe

Kono's Cafe
Ranked #8 of 4,933 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Pacific Beach
Reviewed January 20, 2014

And opens at 7 am. Short order place, very reasonable prices. Paper plates and plastic silverware. I had Big Breakfast #2 with the French Toast. Eggs done perfectly....potatoes loaded with green pepper and onion and English Muffin. My companion had the bacon Scramble.....huge serving and loaded with bacon. Breakfast for two including one milk and one OJ was $18. Line was out the door by the time we left. Almost too big a breakfast! Good value for sure.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,023)

Reviewed January 19, 2014

US coffee experience very different from Australia. First place found with coffee the way I like I it!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Perfect Location! (We did not discover the VERY beach front seating across the street until after we ate). Good HUGE portions at a good price! VERY speedy, friendly service! They have a coffee cart making all kinds of coffees right next door too. My husband and I are pretty big eaters and we probably could have easily shared the big breakfast. If you like cheesy breakfast potatoes with onions and peppers you MUST get the Kono potatoes! 2.50 and it was probably almost two cups worth! We may go back for lunch :-)

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Super yum! Kono's is a great place for two of my favorite things- brunch and the beach! Always a fave in PB :).

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Amazing Breakfast food at very reasonable prices! Would highly recommend it to anyone in the area. The staff are great to.