“This place can't be beat!”
Review of Kono's Cafe

Kono's Cafe
Ranked #5 of 4,768 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Pacific Beach
“This place can't be beat!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

There is no better place to get breakfast in San Diego.. Prices food and views can't be beat. In the summer there is often a line, but it moves fast. The burritos can be shared unless your super hungry.. I recommend the egg burritos, and or pancakes. Try and sit outside by the pier, the view can't be any better, just watch out for the birds trying to sneak your food..

Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Tempe, Arizona
“Great Breakfast and Coffee spot.”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The best breakfast in PB. When the line is out the door you can still get coffee from the outside coffee stand. We went there every day on vacation.

Visited June 2013
“The best”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Great location and food! We had breakfast for lunch and loved it. The breakfast potatoes are the best.

Visited June 2013
The Villages, Florida
“Huge portions of really good food”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The wife & I rode our bicycles to Kono's for breakfast. We heard about the lines, but what the heck, we were going anyway. Arrived around 8am on Sunday to a short line. Only about 8 ahead of us. The line went forward steadily. My wife had to have her coffee, so off she went to the outside coffee bar leaving me to remember her order AND mine. Anyway, she ordered the breakfast burrito with avacado. I ordered the big breakfast. Big mistake! We never touched the burrito, but shared most of the big breakfast.

Nice scrambled eggs. Not crispy. I dont like onions, so I asked if they offered that option? He said yes & it was "game on". There was two slices of toast & bacon. The potatoes seemed a little old, but still good.

I transported the large burrito home in my water bottle holder on my bike! Lol. Was great for a shared breakfast the next morning. We both love this place.

An important side note:
Unknown to me, my wallet had fallen out of my shorts in the bathroom. My wife & I walked around watching the surfers & rode about 1/4 mile down the boardwalk before I realized I had a missing wallet. Not sure what had happened, I rode back to the restaurant "poste haste". Upon arrival, one of the waitresses met me outside to tell me they found my wallet. The man taking orders had it behind the counter. Nothing was missing. OMG! They have my most humble appreciation! Kudo's to Kono's!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Brad F
Phoenix
“This place is SO good!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We went there on a Sunday around lunch. We had to wait about 30-45 minutes to order, but once you order, the food comes out in less than 5 minutes. It is definitely worth the wait! The food is so good! I had the breakfast sandwich and my husband had one of their breakfast burritos. We also got the Kono's potatoes on the side. The potatoes were probably the best part - cheese, jalapenos, seasoning - YUM! Pretty sure I would go back just for the potatoes.

They also serve lunch, and some of their sandwiches sounded pretty good. I might try one of those if we get a chance to go next time. I definitely wish there was one of these close to where I live....I might eat there too often if that were the case!

• Visited June 2013