“The best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kono's Cafe

Kono's Cafe
Ranked #15 of 4,561 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Pacific Beach
“The best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Great location and food! We had breakfast for lunch and loved it. The breakfast potatoes are the best.

Visited June 2013

• Korean first
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Huge portions of really good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The wife & I rode our bicycles to Kono's for breakfast. We heard about the lines, but what the heck, we were going anyway. Arrived around 8am on Sunday to a short line. Only about 8 ahead of us. The line went forward steadily. My wife had to have her coffee, so off she went to the outside coffee bar leaving me to remember her order AND mine. Anyway, she ordered the breakfast burrito with avacado. I ordered the big breakfast. Big mistake! We never touched the burrito, but shared most of the big breakfast.

Nice scrambled eggs. Not crispy. I dont like onions, so I asked if they offered that option? He said yes & it was "game on". There was two slices of toast & bacon. The potatoes seemed a little old, but still good.

I transported the large burrito home in my water bottle holder on my bike! Lol. Was great for a shared breakfast the next morning. We both love this place.

An important side note:
Unknown to me, my wallet had fallen out of my shorts in the bathroom. My wife & I walked around watching the surfers & rode about 1/4 mile down the boardwalk before I realized I had a missing wallet. Not sure what had happened, I rode back to the restaurant "poste haste". Upon arrival, one of the waitresses met me outside to tell me they found my wallet. The man taking orders had it behind the counter. Nothing was missing. OMG! They have my most humble appreciation! Kudo's to Kono's!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Brad F
Phoenix
“This place is SO good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We went there on a Sunday around lunch. We had to wait about 30-45 minutes to order, but once you order, the food comes out in less than 5 minutes. It is definitely worth the wait! The food is so good! I had the breakfast sandwich and my husband had one of their breakfast burritos. We also got the Kono's potatoes on the side. The potatoes were probably the best part - cheese, jalapenos, seasoning - YUM! Pretty sure I would go back just for the potatoes.

They also serve lunch, and some of their sandwiches sounded pretty good. I might try one of those if we get a chance to go next time. I definitely wish there was one of these close to where I live....I might eat there too often if that were the case!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Zerz360
California
“Kono's Burritos Great San Diego-Pacific Beach Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The breakfast burritos are tremendous. Great selection and take out, eat on one of the two patios, or eat in. Great coffee and free refills.

• Visited May 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good prices, excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Kono's is definitely worth checking out if you're in the Pacific Beach area. Portion sizes are huge, indoor and outdoor seating (ocean view if your sitting on the patio), prices are very reasonable, between 6-8 dollars per meal. We ordered two burritos for a family of three, and in all reality, one burrito could have fed all three of us. The food is pretty simple, fresh & good ingredients is always good. There is about a 10-15 minute wait in line, but its not because of slow service, but just the amount of business they do.

• Visited May 2013