“Delicious Breakfast Burrito with Green Chile”
Review of Kono's Cafe

Kono's Cafe
Ranked #6 of 4,832 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Pacific Beach
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We got here at 9 am on Saturday and there was already a line outside the cafe. We waited 20 minutes to order but it was well worth the wait. I got the Egg Burrito # 2 - which is a giant breakfast burrito with tons of green chile for $6. I'm a big fan of green chile and so this was pure bliss. We got it to go and ate outside, looking out on the ocean. It was bliss.

Definitely worth the wait. Get a coffee from their coffee stand next door while you wait. You won't regret it!

There are newer reviews for Kono's Cafe

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I went there while walking on Mission Bay during a Sunday morning after mass (like 8.30 am).

I was looking for a good place to have breakfast near the beach and I was surprised about the queue on the terrace bar for asking coffee. Suddenly, I was told by a jogger that with no doubt it was the best coffee in San Diego. So I came in.

I ordered a burrito combo #4 and it was so far generous... it is incredible the amount and quality of food that you obtain for less than 10 box. The manager who takes the order is so nice and treats the people so nicely. The atmosphere is perfect and regular customers make the place so warm.

I loved it!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have been going to San Diego for 15 years and never stopped at Kono's because the lines were intimidating. On a quiet October day, I was heading for a late breakfast at another place and saw no lines at Kono's. I decided to try it, and ordered a breakfast burrito.
It was huge. A great value. I will say that it was not particularly spicy and did not have much kick.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Cool surfer cafe with a very good breakfast menu and a super coffee. It can be very crowded in the weekends due to it popularity. THE PLACE to eat if you want to feel like a real surfer :-)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had big breakfast #2- eggs, loved the cheese potatoes, and french toast I think it also comes with bacon but I gave it away. We ate inside but later saw that they have an area above the ocean on a balcony but no shade. Price is excellent.