“Great hamburger joint”

Hodad's
Ranked #13 of 4,744 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Ocean Beach
Port Orchard, Washington
“Great hamburger joint”
Reviewed April 16, 2007

I found Hodad's on tripadvisor - read the reviews and we went for it. I couldn't imagine spending our last day in San Diego anywhere else. I loved the music, the crowd and the all of the license plates - what fun! There was convenient FREE parking next door for Hodad's customers. The beach was 2 blocks away. I didn't mention the food yet - delicious! The servers were fast - the tables were cleaned the moment people got up, but we didn't feel rushed. My husband and I LOVED Hodad's. We'll be back.

1 Thank gemini61777

• Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Denver, Colorado
“Great Burgers”
Reviewed April 16, 2007

Ate at Hodad's this past Friday, and we were so glad that we did. All of us who had burgers loved them. My sister had a chicken sandwich, and she said it wasn't very good. Price was very reasonable, and you get a good portion size. I was worried that my grandparents wouldn't like the loud music and the atmosphere, but they said that it didn't bother them, and that they enjoyed the experience. We will definitely go back to Hodad's our next trip to San Diego!

4 Thank tripmanIdaho
New York
“Pretty darn good!”
Reviewed April 6, 2007

Coming from New York, I have, overall, been disappointed with the food in San Diego. The mexican food, the little Italy section, even the sushi...average to above average. This was disappointing, compared to San Francisco, where every resturant rivals New York, and you just can't get a bad meal. All of that being said, Hodads did not disappoint! The onion rings were, by far, the best I have ever had. If you love onion rings, do not miss these, complete with homemade ranch dressing (trust me, it is delicious, as strange as it may sound). The burgers are so juicy and tasty- a single is perfect for most- a double is just way too much...a heart attack on a bun! Get the fixins on the side, as they load it up, and it is actually too much! It interferes with the delicious burgers. The fries are above average, but they are your typical seasoned fries- I could have done without these (especially given how fabulous the o-rings are!) The atmosphere is fun, and the waiters were very nice and attentive. Service was fast, food was hot. And the bill? Listen, I don't know where a lot of the people are from who write in here, but our bill was $45 for three adults and two children...hardly unreasonable! Do not miss Hodads. If it isn't the best burger place you have ever eaten at, it will certainly rank in your top five...I promise!

5 Thank jljlalal
Southern Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you are uptight, don't go here! Good food/Fun place”
Reviewed March 29, 2007

We saw the rating for Hodad's and since my wife and kids love burgers thought we would check it out. My two boys are 15 and 12 and me and my wife are 40'ish. The place was loud and looked like a place for beach bums to hang out. We each got a burger and an order of frings (half plate of fries/half plate of onion rings). The food was excellent and we all thought it was to best burger we have ever had. The waiter was cool and made it a fun time. After our meal, he offered us some Hershey's mini's from a bucket. We took one each and he gave us a funny look, then proceeded to give us two large handfuls. It's right by the beach and an interesting area. It was also easy to find. Check it out if you like that kind of place. Kid friendly unless they are sensitive to loud music.
Our bill for all four of us was $40 before tip.

pennsylvania
“Hodad's is fantastic!!!!”
Reviewed January 27, 2007

Hands down the best burger I have ever had. Great funky atmosphere. Fun people and waitstaff. Although they were packed when we got there we were served in less tha 10 min. and had our food in another 10. If you want great food and a fun place to be this is it!!

1 Thank steph4