“Triple D place”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Ocean Beach
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Great place, great location, loved the decor, people were very nice...Had reg bacon cheeseburger, was really good...Was like the 21st Triple D place, now can mark it off the list....

Write a ReviewReviews (1,900)

Reviewed December 15, 2013

The owner says in his interview on the Food Network's show Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, that after 40+ years in business they are "An overnight success!" They certainly deserve the accolades as every time I'm in SD generally and Ocean Beach specifically I try to go in for a burger. No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem. But since the show there is a disheartening line-up down the street. Signature license plates line the walls and that is where I copied the idea to get my own set : OCN BCH. Go and enjoy, even if you have to wait to get in.

Thank Codiak!
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

At first I was a little skeptical but as we sat down and got comfy it was wonderful. I got the guido burger and my wife got the mini. Fantastic food and great staff. Friendly and helpful. Will be going again in the future. Worth the trip and I would recommend this place.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

A great bacon cheeseburger, surf beach experience and a window seat at the counter. Loved the atmosphere, large tasty burger and all the fun of the beach.

1  Thank Rod C
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We found this in the top 10 on Tripadvisor and so we went to take a look. Must admit, would never have gone there without knowing the reviews upfront... Not really my kind of restaurant but since it got such good reviews...we took a chance. There was a pretty long line outside, the decoration looks so cheap and not put in any effort to make it look nice...more like a surfclub but low basis.We were happy they put us in a booth and not on the long table. The guys working there also 1 of a kind, but very friendly and helpful! We ordered our burgers and when they came..OMG they were sooooooooooooo good! This is definitly a must do visiting San Diego! This was THE best burger we had in ages and we had a lot of fun!

1  Thank Wendy M