“Nice atmosphere, tasty food...”
Review of Hodad's

Hodad's
Ranked #13 of 4,764 Restaurants in San Diego
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Ocean Beach
San Diego, California
“Nice atmosphere, tasty food...”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We visited this restaurant in OB because they had such a reputation. On a very nice Saturday noon, the restaurant was packed. There was a line in front - 15 min wait. The ambiance of the restaurant is really nice, vibrant. Portions are generous. Burgers were tasty, liked the fries especially. Prices are reasonable. Should be on everyone's list. If you have not paid them a visit yet, do so... Burger tour of SD is not complete without them!

• Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Murrieta, California
“sold out”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

it's been about 10 years since I last visited Hodad's in OB. The lines are usually beyond the time investment that I'm willing to whittle away my time to. This evening I was in the area specifically to scope out the line, which to my amazment was small. Yea, I finally get to treat my young 10 year old son to a world famous burger. And then it happened, in OB of all places. It appears as though this establishment has sold itself out to the corporate P&L watchdogs.
The once thick, imperfect and hand packed burgers are a thing of the past having now been replaced by what looked to be factory patties that could be bought at the local club store. The fresh taste that seperated Hodad's from the ordinary is gone. Wow, my heart is broken. I now rate this place with the rest, nothing special, the mighty have fallen. The beach atmosphere is still strong, the burgers are weak.

6 Thank AnthonyVA
Lubbock, Texas
“Tasty”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This place is always crowded but the service is fast. These burgers are made for the person who likes "fixin's". Lots of onion, pickles and tomatoes. Great place to people watch and only 2 blocks from the beach.

Davis, California
“Best Burger I've ever had!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I've heard about Hodad's from a fellow traveller when I arrived at Ocean Beach Hostel. The burgers seemed to be great but I had no idea what I was in for.

This place may serve the best burgers in the world. Its crowded every night and has a great vibe to it. When it comes down to the food its the best burger I've had during my time in California. Juicy, messy pure burger heaven. Service was great and I'd come back every time I'm in the San Diego area.

• Visited January 2013
San Diego, California
“Best burgers in San Diego”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was surprised the first time I went here. There was a long line and I was with two thirteen year old boys who had just been to the beach. They were starved and I was reticent. The wait was surprisingly short and when we got in, we were all overwhelmed with the quality of the food as well as the great service. I had a veggie burger since I don't eat meat and it was easily the best veggie burger I've ever had. The boys had burgers and they were perfect. We split a basket of frings that were perfect. Excellent place.

• Visited December 2012