“Best Authentic Burgers in San Diego”
Review of Hodad's

Hodad's
Ranked #10 of 4,964 Restaurants in San Diego
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Ocean Beach
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The burgers are messy and amazing! The cheese and topping ooze out and require the consumate "diaper". The people who work there are so funny. Mike the owner is hands-on in his business and totally hot. It is a casual, local experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,886)

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Nuthin' fancy, just a beer, the best burger in the world and lots of napkins...then go walk it off at the beach!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stopped at Hodad's on a Friday morning just after 11 a.m. and still had to wait to get in, but it was totally worth it. Three of us had the small size burgers and one had the regular size. The small burger is even giant! So tasty! The price is right, too... very inexpensive.

We were served pretty fast, considering how busy the place was. While waiting, you won't get bored because the walls are covered with license plates from all over, and other memorabilia which is fun to look at. Parking was easy and free next to the restaurant.

1  Thank Heidi M
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Was looking for a place to eat and saw this place was packed. So I thought I would give it a try. Glad I did. The Guido burger was fantastic.

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went for lunch on a Friday afternoon. The line will get long and stay long all day. No worries..it's totally worth it! I had the bleu cheese burger, my wife cant eat that much, so luckily they do have a "mini" burger wich is still a good size. Note: Hodads is a CASH only biz. We can't wait to go back.