“Great burgers.”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: Ocean Beach
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Learned about this place on the show Diners, dives and drive-ins. Was visiting the beach, and it is just one block from the water. Lots of parking nearby, but this was low season, so likely much worse during summer.
The place is very small, and seems to be crowded all the time. Service was very pleasant. They have a small list of burgers and a few other things, a few crink options including local beers. The burgers are awesome, I tried two of them, which are huge. One of them came sliced in half to split between the two of us, I ate both halves! Not very cheap for a burger, but well worthwhile. If in the area, do not hesitate!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have been eating here for years and thought it time to tell others. Hodad's is the quintessential hamburger joint. Everything works her, the burgers, the shakes, the service and the atmosphere. There may be better burgers out there but there are few places offering the whole package, near the beach with load music and no restrictions. Give it a try.

1  Thank SmithH_13
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Fantastic burgers and fun decor. The place on Newport is wallpapered with license plates. Cheap and easy. Fast, friendly service.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Amazing food, laid back but efficient service, reasonable price for what you get. The cool OB atmosphere and great food make this place a must when visiting San Diego. We arrived shortly after 11 on a Friday and were seated immediately - I think we just beat the rush. Regardless, the line moved quickly and no one seemed bummed out about having to wait. The burgers are huge, fresh and amazing. One order of Frings easily met the family's needs (and gave us some delicious fries to take home). Awesome milkshakes, nice touch to have local brews on tap. Guido Burger = easily the best restaurant hamburger I've enjoyed, ever.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We saw this place on DDD and it was even more than I expected. The line was out the door and literally to the corner of the block. I didn't take 20 minutes, though, and the hostess came and asked for a party of two and if we wanted to sit in the bus. We looked at each other with confused looks and my wife gave and enthusiastic "YEEEAH!". I didn't know what to expect, but we were seated in a vintage VW bus pick-up cab thing. I was sooooo cool. We had a blast just looking at all the stuff on the walls as we waited for our food. Be prepared, though. This place is loud. There is music playing and just the fact that there are so many people packed in this little place makes is loud. Everything was great though: fries, rings, burgers, and beer! A "CANT MISS" place if you are within a hundred miles!!!
P.S. - The beach within walking distance is really good too.