“World's Best Hamburger Joint”
Review of Hodad's

Hodad's
Ranked #11 of 5,244 Restaurants in San Diego
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Ocean Beach
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have been eating here for years and thought it time to tell others. Hodad's is the quintessential hamburger joint. Everything works her, the burgers, the shakes, the service and the atmosphere. There may be better burgers out there but there are few places offering the whole package, near the beach with load music and no restrictions. Give it a try.

1  Thank SmithH_13
Write a ReviewReviews (2,004)

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Fantastic burgers and fun decor. The place on Newport is wallpapered with license plates. Cheap and easy. Fast, friendly service.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Amazing food, laid back but efficient service, reasonable price for what you get. The cool OB atmosphere and great food make this place a must when visiting San Diego. We arrived shortly after 11 on a Friday and were seated immediately - I think we just beat the rush. Regardless, the line moved quickly and no one seemed bummed out about having to wait. The burgers are huge, fresh and amazing. One order of Frings easily met the family's needs (and gave us some delicious fries to take home). Awesome milkshakes, nice touch to have local brews on tap. Guido Burger = easily the best restaurant hamburger I've enjoyed, ever.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We saw this place on DDD and it was even more than I expected. The line was out the door and literally to the corner of the block. I didn't take 20 minutes, though, and the hostess came and asked for a party of two and if we wanted to sit in the bus. We looked at each other with confused looks and my wife gave and enthusiastic "YEEEAH!". I didn't know what to expect, but we were seated in a vintage VW bus pick-up cab thing. I was sooooo cool. We had a blast just looking at all the stuff on the walls as we waited for our food. Be prepared, though. This place is loud. There is music playing and just the fact that there are so many people packed in this little place makes is loud. Everything was great though: fries, rings, burgers, and beer! A "CANT MISS" place if you are within a hundred miles!!!
P.S. - The beach within walking distance is really good too.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

and crowded. Long line in the afternoon. No where to sit. Not great to take kids to. Next to ocean beach