“Hamburger Perfection”

Neighborhood: Ocean Beach
Frederick, md
“Hamburger Perfection”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is the best burger I have ever had and have been telling people in Maryland this for over 15 years. It is the one place I make sure I go to every time I go back and visit San Diego. I last went here in August while I was out there for my Bachelor party and brought 10 guys from back here with me. When you talk a place up so much you worry that hey it's been great in the past but maybe it's not as I remember it you know now that it has been on tv multiple times and they have opened other locations. Well there are no such worries here. Within bites my friends were calling it the GOAT. There is just something special about it. It's not a fancy burger with any tricks done to it but the bacon patties are a bit unique and original. I think it's just the perfect crunch of the toppings. I will be back out there in a little over a week and can't wait. I also can't wait to buy a new Hodad's shirt, that should make 6 for me.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Drunksweet21

• Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Greasy juicy goodness from hamburgerheaven”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Hodad = "Person on/around the beach posing as a surfer"

Great juicy burgers with fresh add-ons
Tasty LARGE shakes
Crispy onion rings & fries
Nice location right by ocean beach
Cool interior

Burgers can be a bit hard to eat and fall apart with too much on
Lines can be loooooong due to the popularity

Prices are ok for the quality and abit above the normal chain burger but still worth it.
The closest chain burger i would compare Hodad's burger with is the excellent Fatburger.

• Visited August 2012
“The best burger i have tried in San Diego”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The place is really different and really nice. indeed is really busy, but totally worth it!
Para Brasileiros: é muito gostoso e barato e gigante. muito legal, principalmente o de downtown.

• Visited January 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
“Eclectic, affordable, good burgers”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The location is pretty neat; it seems a bit sketchy but not necessarily in a bad way. Burger baskets run from $9 to $11 and soft drinks are $2.50. My advice: unless you REALLY want fries or rings, just get the burger-it'll be plenty and the sides didn't impress. Wait was 10 minutes for 2 which was impressive, but that's probably because the feel inside is a bit rushed. The value is high, the burgers were pretty good, but the service wasn't the best and neither was the feel of the place.

• Visited January 2013
California Hot Springs, California
“Great burgers & decor lol”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I haven't been here in ages but every time I am in San Diego I always forget about this place. Hodad's has some good messy big burgers. I don't normally finish it when I get a burger here. Onion rings and milk shakes are amazing. An old ex friends husband would just drive to Hodad's just for their milk shakes. Funny because he would have to haul his wife and at the time their 3 kids.

Long lines every time I go. Great service, a little cramped and atmosphere is like a surfer dudes place-ish but covered in license plates.

• Visited October 2012