“Wonderful ribs!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighborhood: Ocean Beach
Neighborhood: Ocean Beach
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We recently had dinner here and it was wonderful! We had just watched the sunset at Sunset Cliffs (which we also highly recommend) after a day at the Zoo. We had the ribs, both hot and mild, and they were awesome! Food comes hot and fresh. Also had the mac and cheese which as excellent. It's not too impressive from the outside but the food was well worth the time.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is by far my favorite BBQ restaurant while traveling to San Diego. The food is great and the prices are extremely reasonable. I've been here about 3 of 4 times and I have never been disappointed in this place. It's right down the street from the beach, so parking can be a bit challenging, but keep driving around, you'll eventually find a spot. It's not a very big restaurant and at times you will find a line to order food, but it's definitely worth the wait. Very casual restaurant since it mainly caters to people going to or coming from the beach.

I have ordered the Family Meal Deal which includes a full rack of ribs, a whole chicken and four medium side orders. You can have it served with garlic bread of pita bread, I recommend the garlic bread to sop up the extra BBQ sauce that's on the plate. The price for all of this is only about $38. One of the times I ordered this, it fed 4 adults and 6 children under 7. Plus we still had food left over. Not only is this plenty of food, it is very delicious. I've also had the beef BBQ sandwich, also very scrumptious.

If you're a BBQ fan, while in San Diego, you should definitely hit this place up.

6  Thank FitTeacher
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Good food, the restaurant is across the street from the hotel, good service, and the prices are reasonable.

4  Thank James K
Reviewed November 27, 2012

If there was a heaven, this place would be it. Large portions and amazing bbq sauce with different levels of hotness. Better than Phils, hands down....and its by the beach! All their sides are amazing and I especially love their mac and cheese. Perfect addition with the pulled pork bbq sandwich. Their prices are so reasonable and the employees have all been great everytime I've been in. Definitely my favorite restaurant in OB.

The only complaint is the delivery service....its from a third party that goes and picks it up and they take fooooorever. We tried the service just to see how it was. I told them I was paying with cash but when the guy arrived, he didn't have any change and the "no more than 30 mins" I was quoted turned into about 1 hour and 15 mins. If I would have known it was a different company, I would've picked it up myself.

Again, the delivery service isn't on The BBQ House but I definitely wouldn't be using that company for my establishment.

2  Thank Jemma1502
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The BBQ was melt in your mouth yummy! The sauce was to die for. The price perfect! My favorite was the Californian

3  Thank AliciaRT