“Expensive average food ”

Harbor House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Harbor House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #174 of 4,804 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Seaport Village
Description: The Harbor House opened in 1980, and serves fresh fish, shellfish, premium steaks and local draft beers. We offer informal dining upstairs and on the outside decks as well as tablecloth/quiet dining downstairs. Come and enjoy our great city and harbor views. Walking distance from the San Diego Convention Center, we are an ideal spot for banquets and private events.
Auckland
“Expensive average food ”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

We shared half a dozen oysters which were fresh but quite small in size.
We both ordered (different) fish mains which were a little dry. I did like my quinoa side though.
Overall the food was very average and we could have definitely had better elsewhere for the price.
Service was good though.

1 Thank NZ_Joy

Marble Falls, Texas
“Average food with excellent views”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My husband and I ate here when we visited San Diego recently. We were staying near the area and after reading the menu decided to give it a try. The menu just sounded Soooo good and we were really getting hungry because it was getting late. The view would be very nice since we were seated on the second story, but it was already dark. There was a wedding party downstairs, and I think it would be a lovely place sir a reception. The drinks were good, the service was excellent. The food which is why I go to a restaurant was good but there was no wow factor. I can't remember what we had as an appetizer. I ate the filet minion. It was cooked to order and good. My husband had a mixed grill plate which was also good.the food was good, just not great, it was of course rather pricy as it sits right by San Diego bay in seaport village.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Becky R
Orlando, Florida
“Average all around”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

The food was average and the service was somewhere around average or below. We sat on the porch or side add on of the place and the most entertaining thing were the locals out doing fire tricks out in the park. Had high hopes for a great meal with the location and appearance but I guess I was wrong.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Eric O
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Please don't waste your time and money.”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

So many places to go have a great lunch and/or dinner in San Diego... Don't go here! Have to admit that view is great but the food was very lazy. Our server was a good guy but thought he looked overwhelmed. My sons burger was a huge bun and tiny meat, calamari was very salty. We should've gone to the Fish Market... Can't go wrong there! Never to go back to the Harbor house.

• Visited August 2014
Downey, California
“WGI Christmas Party 2013”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

My first time visiting Downtown San Diego, and attending our company Christmas Party. First off the restaurant was at a walking distance from my hotel, which was great. Upon arrival, the hostess greated and escorted us to our party, he was friendly and extremely professional. The bar was great, food delicious and but desert was wow, just to die for. The service was exceptionally pleasant, truly a wonderful experience.