“Really....view will not make up for poor food and not great service!”

Harbor House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Harbor House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #161 of 4,717 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Seaport Village
Description: The Harbor House opened in 1980, and serves fresh fish, shellfish, premium steaks and local draft beers. We offer informal dining upstairs and on the outside decks as well as tablecloth/quiet dining downstairs. Come and enjoy our great city and harbor views. Walking distance from the San Diego Convention Center, we are an ideal spot for banquets and private events.
Highlands North Carolina
“Really....view will not make up for poor food and not great service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I don;t know why anyone would recommend this place....ordered a filet....over done....I must say ...this was just awful.......no flavor.. over done vegetables......no one came back to the table and even asked how was the food ......so I was stuck with it.....and did not want to make a scene....finally I went to the front and told the hostess how bad it was and they were astonished ....but did nothing........I honestly can not think of a time that I have had such a horrible dinner!

Don't go there!!!!!!!!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank crawforg

Northampton, Massachusetts
“Great food and super super fast service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Our server Kris was best!!!! Make sure to ask for hwr section. Very attentive. Very pleasant. Very knowledgeable about the menu. Extreme rairety these days to find great food and great service at a great price!!!!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Location Location Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

The Harbor House is in the Seaport Village in San Dieo, its set over looking the harbor and has fantastic atmosphere. The meals were well presented and service great. We went with a large group and they handled it well...I was impressed.

Visited August 2012
San Diego, California
“Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Nice place, and good food. Good service and decent prices. The place is on piers over the water and really looks like an old harbor house. Views are incredible. Take a stroll in Seaport Village after your meal.

Visited July 2012
San Diego, California
“NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Do NOT eat here!! THIEVES!

My friend and I went here for New Years Eve dinner for a good experience. The food was way overpriced but we were treating ourselves so we did not mind. The food was okay. The service was just okay. The waiter, Nick, was formerly in the military and was chatting with me and my friend because we are active duty. He seemed nice. When the bill came it was $67.67 which is not bad. I gave the server my card to pay and he came back apologizing because he charged my card on "accident" for double the amount, which I was told was reversed so, okay. Mistakes happen. I then gave him another card (just in case of another screw up) and thought everything was fine so I signed the receipt, tipped the waiter and left. I checked the second account today and it turns out they did it AGAIN and didn't tell me! I have now paid $293 for a meal!!!! Horrible horrible thieves! I will NEVER go back! I just got off the phone with them and they were defending the waiter who screwed up! I told them I was coming over there with my proof to discuss this and the waitress's response was "well you can come in but I'm not gonna say you'll get your money back" so I told them I would be there to get my money or I will involve police because that's theft! She tried telling me that the transactions may have already been reversed but the transaction is still pending and you can't reverse it when its still pending! HORRIBLE OVERALL EXPERIENCE. WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS!!!

• Visited December 2012