“Great Food In A Formal Dining Atmosphere”
Review of Godfather

Godfather
Ranked #273 of 4,832 Restaurants in San Diego
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2012

The only possibly negative thing I can say is that my meal, Portabella Stuffed Ravioli, could have had a few more ravioli for the price. Everyone else in our party of 8 had outstanding food, in an ample quantity, for a reasonable price. One in our party ordered the special of a 20 oz. Filet Mignon for $34.95, and reported it was the best they've ever had. My wife ordered Lamb, which she said was very flavorful and was cooked to perfection.
A very talented pianist with a quite varied repertoire kept everyone entertained, though just a bit quieter would have been more conducive to dinner conversation.
Service was impeccable despite it being a VERY busy Friday night. Our every dining need was met.

1  Thank Ron P
There are newer reviews for Godfather

Reviewed March 11, 2012

I sat at the bar for dinner. Charles took very good care of me, he helped me pick a glass of wine and desert to finish off my meal. All of which was delicious.

1  Thank stylnz8
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Godfather's is a great place for a reasonably priced, relaxed adult meal. No pizza on the menu here. It is a meat and pasta place. Many meat dishes come with a side of pasta, often sporting their delicious red sauce. The cannelloni is fantastic. What makes is special is that it isn’t a noodle it is more like a filled crepe. The flavors are subtle yet complex and the cannelloni is topped with a béchamel sauce. My favorite dish is the combination veal medallions and cannelloni. The veal medallions in the combination are always tender and delicious. Don’t like marsala wine sauce? Although not on the menu, you can ask for picatta sauce (lemon, butter and capers). They often have specials. Some I have tried are the Osso Bucco, fresh fish and the rib eye steak. All were excellent. Service is always attentive. On Friday and Saturday night there is a piano player adding to the ambiance. At some restaurants the food is good but the deserts are just ok. Not at Godfathers, even the deserts are heavenly. Beware the portions are generous so show up hungry and make a reservation ahead of time.

1  Thank christineo_sd
Reviewed January 17, 2012

The Godfather Restaurant provides a great experience from the service provided, starting at the door, to the ambiance of the decor, to the live piano in the background, to the friendliness of the staff and finally and foremost the food.....aaah the food. The complimentary zuchinni appetizer, I have mine with marinara, is simply one of the best things I have ever eaten, really no kidding, the best. Being a tomato sauce fan, the bolognese is awesome, tastes like it has been simmering and simmering and....you get the picture. Did I tell you I love this restaurant,. Even when I am alone, the bar is a terrfific place to sit and enjoy your meal. My favorite film of all time is The Godfather. The restaurant has film memorabilia and a tastefully executed film related ambiance that makes for an elegant and fun dining experience. Let me stop gushing and simply encourage you to check out this wonderful restaurant and food experience. I cannot be complimentary enough and you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank gary c
Reviewed January 12, 2012

This has been one of my favorite restaurants over the past 30 years. The service
provided by Anthony and his staff is always excellent . Not only is the food fabulous,
my favorite dish is the Bocconcini( breaded veal rolled and stuffed with prosciutto,
provolone, parmesan, italian seasonings, bell pepper and onion.), by the time your entree
arrives, you shall already be stuffed. Nearly every entree includes a free breaded zucchini
appetizer,salad or soup, pasta and if you have room for dessert, their cannoli's are one of
the best in San Diego. When you visit The Godfather, not only will you have dinner, you
shall have food remaining for lunch the following day.

1  Thank ptarantino