“It doesn't get any fresher !”

The Oceanaire Seafood Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oceanaire Seafood Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 5,172 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 4th Street
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I had dinner twice here during my stay at a conference in SD. The Alaskan snow crab was great. Altough as a cook you probably don't have to add your skills I highly rate it because of his choice of supplier. Best snow crab I had on 2 occasions for a long time. Restaurant is always busy but that is just acknowledgement of the quality. Wine list is well balanced. I didn't like the oysters. I consider them to small to be enjoyed. Compared to the crab, shrimp and scallops the oysters are bottom of the quality meter. If they can improve on those this restaurant would be my favorite for downtown SD.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Went here recently with a large group of colleagues. After reading some reviews on various sites and looking at the website I was expecting something out of this world I must admit and was really looking forward to it. I went in alone to meet my colleagues and the staff pretty much ignored me, even though there were 3 of them at the stand by the entrance. Luckily my colleague came in and took over by getting attention and we were shown to our table. Our server was very friendly, explaining the menu and helping me to select something. To be honest, I'd not heard of or tried many of the fish on the menu as a lot of this wouldn't be in a British restaurants. For dessert, we had 2 baked Alaskas between us (8 of us). It was ok, but nothing amazing and I wouldn't have it again based on what it had there. Overall it was a nice meal, with a nice server and a good selection but very pricey and I don't know if it was really worth it. I'd like to give it 3.5 but can't so it felt a little unfair to give 3. A 4 is probably a little too generous though in my eyes.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Booked a reservation at Oceanaire when Bice down the street was booked up. It was a good meal to be sure -- I had the Pacific Rockfish with crabmeat on top and a spinach salad. Both were tasty but I'd be hard pressed to say it was the best fish I've ever had. However, it was the most expensive. The place was packed for a Monday night and there seemed to be quite a few people in town for a conference whose companies may or may not care what it costs. As a local, I doubt I'll be back -- not because it wasn't a good meal; it just wasn't in any way a good value.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

went Feb 15 with a scheduled group of approx 20. we had set menu in advance etc. From the moment we arrived until the time we left it felt like we were intruders,,,. The wait-staff seemed unprepared for us, long wait for initial drinks, then another long wait for the starters, which, after being served were quickly cleared, bc the main course was on the way...all during this, getting wine served was a challenge, (we had 2 bottles of Sokol Blosser Pinot Gris, then they ran out,,). the whole episode was un coordinated, and was a disappointment for me and our international colleagues. I dont know what the problem was, but it definitely was an off-night despite the fact we spent a ton of money,,,

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We enjoyed our dinner at The Oceanaire. The food was tasty and we have no real complaints, except that it was probably over-priced for what you'd get somewhere else for cheaper. The restaurant was quiet as it was New Years' Day. I'm not sure what it would be like if it was busier.