Hilton Garden Inn San Diego/Rancho Bernardo
  • Restaurant
Escondido Lodge(Escondido)
Motel Mediteran(Escondido)
View Hotel
All reviewssoup plantationfront desksafari parknice hotelunderground parkingbusiness tripbreakfast buffetgreat place to staynice stayrooms are cleanshort driveenjoyed my stayhgilobbyrbfirmnessfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Tucked away on Bernardo Center Drive is the Hilton Garden Inn with great beds (something very important to me), a pool, jacuzzi, exercise room and business center with a tranquil feel, close to everything but just far enough away. The staff was lovely, check-in and check-out a breeze and I left feeling more relaxed than when I arrived.

Room Tip: I was overlooking the pool and it was very nice. There are rooms overlooking the driveway to the garage, which I don't think would be as nice.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank susanandalbert
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stay at this HGI frequently. The staff is consistently reliable and you can count on them to help make your stay better. I work nights when I come out here and the rooms are quiet even when full. There are awesome "blackout" shades on the windows making it much easier to sleep during the day...something that I'm not used to doing. I let the front desk know my odd hours and they apparently alerted the housekeeping staff because even though I sometimes didn't get out of my room until 4:00pm, my room was always refreshed when I returned. I've stayed at the DoubleTree Golf Resort once and although, not bad, this hotel blows them away in service.

The breakfast is very good as well. Lots of choices and freshly made and delivered to your table. Again, the staff in the restaraunt is also very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Travelling_Krackah
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed here to attend a wedding. The staff was very accommodating, letting us check in early to get ready. The room was very nice, and the beds were very, very comfy. They have a breakfast buffet, however it's too pricey.
My advice is to get a room on the 2nd or 3 rd floor, we were disturbed several time during the night by noisy patrons, not the hotel's fault.

Room Tip: Stay away from the first floor, especially near elevators or the lobby.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed here while visiting family. I found that even though the hotel is just minutes from the Interstate 15, the rooms were extremely quiet. Also - the room and hotel was clean, bed comfortable. Free Internet. I am a HHonors Diamond member -so I had free water and free breakfast. The breakfast was good and cooked to order - fresh food - fruits, juices, eggs, omelets, etc. I did not eat dinner in the restaurant but like the Stir Fresh accross the parking lot. There is also a grocery store and several other restaurants nearby.

The hotel is also about 15 minutes away from a nice shopping mall (North County Fair)

I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here for two nights to attend a wedding near by at the Bernardo Winery. This was my first experience at a Hilton property and we were pleasantly surprised. The location is excellent, near the freeway and only about two miles from the winery and the Rancho Bernardo Inn, where most of the wedding functions were taking place. the rooms were very clean and well appointed for an express hotel. The bed was very comfortable and the decor was modern. Fantastic value if you're in the area and don't want to pay the premium at the Inn.

Helpful Hint: There is a great little cafe in the shopping center just south of the hotel called the Incredible Cafe. We had a really good breakfast there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends