“Great location, near MCRD”

Howard Johnson Inn San Diego Sea World
Ranked #125 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersBronze level
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great location, near MCRD”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I enjoyed my stay in this hotel. I liked the fact that there is a shopping center right across the street with a grocery store that specializes in organic, local foods. It is close enough to MCRD (Marine Corp. Recruit Depot) that I could walk there if I had wanted to. They had a great shuttle service that picked me up from the airport and brought me back there. I also used the shuttle service to attend family day and my son's Marine Corp. graduation. If you are staying to attend the MCRD graduation ceremonies be sure to ask for the discount for this event. This hotel is also on the city bus line with bus stops across the street and just half a block up. $5 gets you an all day pass (Jan. 2012). I had a nice sized room with a queen sized bed, a love seat sleeper, microwave, mini fridge (froze my food), and coffee maker. Customer service there was excellent. The continental breakfast was pretty basic. I would have liked more choices.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
SD_GM92131, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn San Diego Sea World, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Valued guest,
First of all we would like to congratulate you on your new marine! We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at the Howard Johnson San Diego SeaWorld and we are so excited to hear that your stay with us was great. We are very fortunate to be centrally located so close many stores and attractions, and glad that it served to your convenience. Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson San Diego We hope that you may visit us again when you are in beautiful San Diego!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2013

A motel-style property, well located for the airport, for downtown and for the coast. Comfortable, well-equipped room with excellent (free) wi-fi. Some noise from the road and the airport, but nothing serious - the rooms are well insulated - but ask for a room away from the road. Our only slight reservations were that the housekeeping was a bit erratic and the breakfast was a bit basic. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: There is some traffic noise - ask for a room at the rear of the site
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
SD_GM92131, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn San Diego Sea World, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
To our Valued Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Howard Johnson San Diego SeaWorld. It is so pleasing to hear that your stay was "comfortable", and that our property was a "good location", and a "good value" We are located in a very busy area that is close to so many restaurants and attractions that I can get a bit noisy at times. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon! Go happy, go Hojo!
Escondido
Reviewed March 6, 2013

While the room was nice for the price and location. The room I had ,which I believe was 239 had a refrigarator that made noise all night. I was just tired enough to sleep about 3 hours. Also the t.v. was old and outdated for this room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Days Inn and Suites Sea World
#226 of 278 in San Diego
Point Loma
Ramada Limited San Diego/Near SeaWorld

Been to Howard Johnson Inn San Diego Sea World? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn San Diego Sea World

Property: Howard Johnson Inn San Diego Sea World
Address: 3330 Rosecrans St, San Diego, CA 92110-4233
Location: United States > California > San Diego
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#41 Green Hotel in San Diego
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn San Diego Sea World 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn San Diego Sea World reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Inn - San Diego Sea World / Airport Hotel San Diego