San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Pendry San Diego(San Diego)
  • Bar/Lounge
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)
1,423 results
All reviewsrooftop barpetco parkthe concierge loungegaslamp quarterconvention centeraltitude bargreat locationball parkpadres gamevalet parkingwithin walking distancegas lampstarbucks coffeecoronado bridgebars and restaurantsvalet staffhotel location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is a nice property in a great location. Overall, it is worth the trip; HOWEVER, my recent experience left me scratching my head!
I checked in this past Sunday evening at 10:20 pm local time. Having flown in from the East, I was more than a little tired. There was an upset couple at the desk when I arrived - the problem was the reservation system was down. The hotel couldn't recover payment info nor key the room! We ended up being walked up by Lost Prevention and the problem was resolved at some point in the night. My issue was that the Associates told me it had happened Saturday night as we'll....HELLO...how about a contingency plan???? The night team was more than flustered...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Longliveloyalty
Hotel S, Front Office Manager at San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Longliveloyalty,

Thank you for staying at the San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter. I’m pleased to read you enjoyed the hotel and our central location. I do apologize that our system was down when you arrived on Sunday night. The computers going down are a very rare occurrence at the hotel and it was something that was completely out of our control. In those rare instances we are with out computers we are still able to assist guests the “old fashion way”; however, with out computers the check in does take a little bit longer so thank you for your patience with us. I do apologize for any challenges the system outage may have caused. Thank you for staying with us and we do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Best regards,

Aimée Bond
Front Office Manager

Reviewed January 28, 2014

My wife and I stayed two nights at the Marriott in the Gaslamp district of San Diego. It was a delightful stay. The hotel staff is very courteous and they were very friendly. At check-in, the desk clerk made it a point to ask what sort of view we wanted from our room. He gave us a comfortable room overlooking the city. The room itself was small considering it held a king size bed, corner wrap around desk, TV cabinet and a chair with an ottoman. The furnishings have a premium quality to them. The bath was ample. The room is equipped with an iron and ironing board as well as a safe. The only negative about this hotel is the absence of a swimming pool. It has a fitness center but we did not use it. Overall, this is a four star property. It is located in the heart of the Gaslamp district with many restaurants nearby. Petco Stadium is next door.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank straitsdiver
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The hotel is situated next to MetLife Ball Park... A GREAT location in the Gas Lamp District. Service across the board was excellent. I don't know if it's me but I thought what came with the room made it seem overpriced to ME.
Did I say this was a GREAT location? A W-I-D-E variety of restaurants & bars are littered all around the hotel. I would've loved a swim or maybe bathe in a whirlpool but there was none. Instead there's a nightclub on the roof w/ spectacular views of the area.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Mario G
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I'm not sure how they did it, and I was on the twentieth floor, but the silence in the room at night was incredible. No street noise, no banging around from the adjacent rooms or upstairs, no humming equipment; nothing. Amazing when it's just a block away from the very rowdy Gaslamp Quarter. I'm sure it's a different story when the Padres are playing, since the hotel practically overlooks the massive stadium. But off-season, this is a wonderful place within a short walk from Downtown, the harbor, and two light rail stops.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Freqtflyr
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for New Year's Eve. The party on the rooftop bar and bottom floor were absolutely phenomenal, especially the food. We had a great time.

We did notice some flaws in our room, such as the light not fitting into the hole in the bathroom ceiling and the floors being a bit uneven. It did look as though the room had been in an earthquake, which I suppose would be status quo for Southern California. The beds were modestly comfortable but certainly not the most comfortable Marriott beds I've ever slept in. Overall it suited our needs, which was a clean place to stay only for one night. It was also difficult to see the tv from the bed, which was a bit awkward. I would, however, stay here again given the reasonable price for a downtown hotel.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room on the higher floors away from the elevator to avoid noise during the holiday season.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Danielle n
Hotel S, Manager at San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Danielle,

Thank you for your review and comments. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed our New Years Eve party. Each year our bottoms up event gets better and better.

I appreciate you allowing me to address the condition of your room. I have discussed this with my team , and I assure you that corrections will be made. It is only through candid feedback that we can continue to improve our hotel. I hope that you will consider joining us again next year. I am very confident that the minor flaws you experienced will not be an issue during your next visit.

All my best,