WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #76 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Overall the hotel was nice. Great staff, clean rooms and perfect location. My challenges, though minor were a little frustrating. 1. Thin walls, they are so thin I can hear the restroom being used behind me. 2. They don't explain when using your debit card that they are charging double the cost of the room. This was a shock when I handed them my card and received a text that $600 was just charged to my back account. I no longer had any money for my trip so I had to cut my travels by a day. Luckily gaslamp is pretty to walk around and sightsee with out funds.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I cant say enough about the perfect location of this beautiful hotel, its on the middle of everywhere u wanna be and go, the view of petco park from the rooms is simply amazing!!! the altitude sky lounge is a must even if u r not staying at this hotel, super comfy and cozy beds, fast valet parking service, (price is also fair)......Great restaurants and bars around it, everything within a walking distance. I hardly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting San Diego and specially the gaslamp district!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vincent32313
Geelong Bellarine, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Our first trip to San Diego was made even better with the hotel I got on Priceline , the wonderful- Marriott Gas-lamp , the location is perfect. The gas lamp area has so much to offer . This hotel is just a fridge away from being a 5 Star hotel. The staff were great , the breakfast great . The view and ambience up at the roof top bar is great . We will return to San Diego ,we both want to explore more , A Fridge could get me back here , even at full price. We loved the room . So comfy .

• Stayed June 2013
Brentwood, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, its within walking distance to the convention center, ball park, MLK promenade, city transportation, bus tours pick up locations, mall, and a large variety of restaurants (check out the Strip Club...it's a steak house.) The rooms are luxurious, the beds are cozy, and my room view was fun (I had a ballpark view and enjoyed watching and hearing the crowd during two night games.) I enjoyed cocktails at the Altitude Sky Lounge as well as breakfast and desserts at the Concierge Lounge. Aside from the great location the best part of this hotel is the staff, they're hospitality was wonderful!! We were welcomed by the friendly front desk staff who had our room ready at 11am, housekeeping gladly guided us to our room, concierge recommended a day trip, and the concierge lounge staff were my go to people. The morning staff, John and Virginia, welcomed me with a smile and warm greeting each morning for breakfast then provided me with snacks and tips for my daily adventure; when I returned the next day for breakfast they were eager to hear about my adventure from the previous day. The evening staff, Kat, feed my sweet tooth and made me feel as if I was comfortably at home enjoying a night of "Wheel of Fortune".
An appreciative "thank you" to the staff for your hospitality, my brief stay at your hotel was for respite relief, it was wonderful to be pampered by your staff.

Room Tip: Enjoy the sights and sounds overlooking the ballpark.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Shirley R
Hotel S, Manager at San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Shirley R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay, loved our staff and appreciated the views and cocktails in Altitude. We all take a lot of pride in assuring that all of our guests have the best possible experience in every aspect of our hotel. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Sean Mattix
Director of Food & Beverage
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

A must stop for any trip to San Diego. Location is at the top of the Marriott right next to Petco Park. Great place to grab a cold one B4 a Padre game. Great view of the ballpark and the employee's are always friendly. Drinks are a little pricy but the view makes up for it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotel S, Manager at San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
PadreChris,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your visit to Altitude. It is always nice to read that people appreciate our friendly staff and the amazing view.

Regards,
Sean Mattix
Director of Food & Beverage
Salinas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I got this hotel as it was within walking distance of the convention center. It's a fun area to be in, but also near the Ballpark and fireworks constantly going off if the Padres score when it's in town. The staff was great, very helpful with maps for places I wanted to get to in the area. My room wasn't ready when I got there early and I gave them my phone number to call me when it was ready while I went to the convention center and walked around the Gaslamp. They called within 30 minutes to let me know. They have your room key also as security keys in the elevator for going above the 7th floor, and while it's nice to have, it also takes a few times to work. They also have in the evenings an elevator blocked off for party bar, which leaves 3 left for the rest of the hotel. I would come here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Frankfurt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

If the attitude of the staff matched the location and cleanliness, they would have had 5 across the board. After being in the marathon I wanted the option to check in early but I was reminded rudely that the room was actually guaranteed at 4pm. Meanwhile others that just arrived in the city were given a room. Would have appreciated a rush on the room due to circumstances.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Hotel S, Front Office Manager at San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear KKholiday,

Thank you for staying at the San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter after running the Rock’n Roll Marathon. I’m very sorry to read you were not greeted in a friendly manner by our front desk. It is our goal to take the very best care of our guests and I’m very sorry we failed to do so upon your arrival. Thank your providing your feedback and giving me the opportunity to speak with the Front Desk team and improve our services. Please accept my sincerest apology and please let me know if there is anything I may assist you with here in the future.

Best regards,