Free cancellation until 05/30
$484
$350
Fairmont.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $440/night.

Free cancellation until 05/31
$255
$223
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $294/night.

Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$157
$126
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $189/night.

Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$282
$260
$214
$151
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $210/night.

Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
Free cancellation until 05/30
$323
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $242/night.

Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/27
$207
$178
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $239/night.

Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/31
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $246/night.

Free cancellation until 06/01
$219
Orbitz.com
1,432 results
All reviewsrooftop barpetco parkthe concierge loungegaslamp quarterconvention centeraltitude bargreat locationball parkpadres gamevalet parkingwithin walking distancegas lampstarbucks coffeecoronado bridgebars and restaurantsvalet staffhotel location
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Upon arrival (on a Friday night) the staff at the check-in desk were super friendly. We asked where their favorite place favorite place to eat within walking distance and they got a map out and circled a bunch of places for us. When they found out we were from Nebraska they changed what side of the hotel we were on so we could see the ocean in the morning. The room was what we reserved (king, non smoking) very clean and pretty spacious. There is a club on the top floor but we didn't venture up there, instead we chose to walk around the area. Gaslamp is full of things to do; food, shopping, baseball (given the right season), and a convention center. We walked about 2 blocks away to eat some amazing fried fish and fish tacos. In the morning we were up pretty early and walked around the block for breakfast and did some shopping. We saw the valet giving dogs treats several times as people walked by with them! Valet was fairly priced and fast. I would most definitely stay in this place again! The only down side is there is no pool if you're there with your kids.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ellie H
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This place was great. A couple friends and I took a trip to San Diego and stayed here. Highly recommend it as it was clean, inexpensive and good customer service. Small rooms and beds. The staff was hospitable and the food was good. The scenery is amazing. If you have an opportunity to get out here this is the place to stay. would stay again any time.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I booked a room through my company's travel agent. She said that I had confirmed a king bed. In addition, my request to be away from the elevator/ice machines had been shared. Upon arrival, I was given my room key and made my way up to the 16th floor to find that my room was the first room past the elevators, and there were two double beds. Sigh. So I went back downstairs and explained. Given a room on the 11th floor, I went up to my room to find that while I was a few steps farther from the elevator, I still had two double beds, both of which dipped. Thankfully, it was just me traveling, but when away for work on business, it's nice to have a few perks to make it feel like home.

The staff were incredibly friendly, and rooms were always made up well. The piping through, isn't well insulated; every time my neighbor (upstairs? Or next to me? Not sure) flushed the toilet, the wall directly adjacent to one of my two beds rumbled loudly like a herd of elephants.

Wi-fi is about $10/day per device (so a laptop plus a smartphone would be almost $20). Bathrooms are a tad cramped, and the TVs are set low in the dresser. In addition, the minute fitness room is on the roof adjacent to the rooftop bar (with a fire pit). The bouncer didn't bug me, but hearing the bar patrons, who were standing outside of the fitness room windows (mirrored on the inside, but totally see-through from the outside), comment on my workout... The elevators require your key card, and even then, you have to push the buttons several times before they'll light up and go anywhere.If this is your only option, take it, but for the price, I was expecting a little more fine tuning and care.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the ballpark. Rooms above 11 have better natural light.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rahir
Hotel S, Manager at San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Dear Rahir,

Thank you for your candid comments. I apologize that your room request was not fulfilled, we do our very best to accommodate everyone in the specific room type on their reservations. Unfortunately, there are times that we are simply unable to do this, usually due to other guests unexpectedly not checking out. I am interested in what room you stayed in so we can inspect the mattresses and replace them. If you would be so kind and let me know I would greatly appreciate it. Throughout the year we replace mattresses and will continue this practice in 2013.

Additionally in 2013, will be will moving our fitness center to our 7th floor. At that time our equipment will be replaced; I'm certain our guests will enjoy the changes.

Once again, I apologize we were unable to accommodate you in a king bedded room.

Warmest regards,

Jeffrey Burg
Director of Operations

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was great. Arrived at 11am after our 13hour flight and had no problem checking straight in. Room service was prompt and with great tasting food. Checking out was also very quick and very easy. Would stay here again in a heart beat.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We flew into San Diego and drove to Murietta to visit our mother in law. While there we drove to Santa Barbara for a few days to visit family. On our return trip home we stayed in San Diego for a few days and stayed at the Westin. It was great but for us, very expensive. More bussiness like atmosphere which was a bit of a turn off. The reason we chose this hotel was because of the on line promotion of $99 a night we saw on their web site, Guess what...when we got thwere it didnt exist. TRAPPED! We decuded to stay one night since we were offered an upgrade. The bed was pure heaven...loved it. The room and view were great too. Except for the price tag our stay was nice.

Room Tip: Look around for better priced hotels. They do exist and are less bussiness like.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Hotel S, Manager at San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear Steve R,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me regarding your visit. I am curious about your check in experience and would like to learn about the rate discrepancy. We typically do not have a $99 rate, and if there was an error I want to make sure it is corrected.

We appreciate you staying with us.

Happy Holidays,