“Good food, service and value”

Old Spaghetti Factory
Ranked #169 of 4,776 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Good food, service and value”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I remembered visiting The Old Spaghetti Factory from my childhood, so I wanted to see if it still held the same charm as an adult. It did.

The food was very good, although I found the relatively new "Garlic Mizithra" dish with the bacon a little too salty. My advice, stick with the original Mizithra. Also, the house Chardonnay was a fine and relatively inexpensive addition to the meal compared to the rest of the wine list.

My server was great and very attentive. Checked up on me many times during the meal and was genuinely friendly. Left him a nice tip. The atmosphere still had that classic feel to it that I remember.

Finally, you can't beat the value for the price. For a $12 meal, I received a salad, a loaf of bread and butter, my main course, and a scoop of ice cream to top it all off. Had I wanted it, I also could have had a non-alcoholic non-soda beverage included also. You would be hard pressed to find value like that elsewhere in the Gaslamp.

I really enjoyed my meal there and would definitely return.

Visited October 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chandler, Arizona
“Wonderful Atmosphere!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The atmosphere in wonderful downtown San Diego is amazing and so is the atmosphere in this wonderful restaurant. The dishes aren't exactly as I remember years ago but still very good!

Visited November 2012
Miami
“Can't beat it!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I love this place! Soup or salad, entree, iced tea & a scoop of spumoni for around $11....best deal anywhere. Gotta try the spaghetti with mizithra cheese & browned butter. To die for!

Buderim, Australia
“Fantastic Value”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We ate here numerous times over our 4 nights visit to San Diego. You can not beat the meals that come with bread, soup or salad and ice cream!!

Visited September 2013
Rockville, Maryland
“Good spaghetti, good price”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is just a nice place to go when on travel when you are tired of eating out. Comfortable, good service and and comfort food. Try the Brown Butter Spaghetti, that is a treat.

• Visited January 2013