“Graduation 2013”

The Melting Pot - A Fondue Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Melting Pot - A Fondue Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #356 of 4,749 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E Street
Description: The Melting Pot is a dinner-only restaurant where fondue becomes a fun and interactive dining experience. Patrons can dip into creamy cheese fondues, fondue-style entrees and delectable chocolate fondues.
Pearland, Texas
“Graduation 2013”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was great! I have never eaten at this restaurant in the past, but would recommend it to others in the future. The 4-course meal was terrific, the wait staff was informative and kept us abreast of "what to do next". Watching my grand-children enjoying the moment of cooking for themselves, sharing their laughter while enjoying the meal, friend and family was certainly worth the trip.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank mike2659

“So fun to eat.”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My mom and I went there for mothers day an loved it. It is pretty pricey for the amount of food you get, but you're paying for a fun experiance. And the desert is delicious. I will be going back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank ocea98
“Drunk Bartender”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Despite the bartender being stumbling drunk (in the early afternoon on a Saturday), they accommodated our large group upstairs. The service and food was excellent. You just have to be patient to allow your food to cook!

Visited September 2012
“Needs better Management”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Me and my husband and friends came here for a anniversary celebration, and the service was horrible. I am surprised this restaurant is four stars. First problem was I noticed my utensils was dirty, then we waited over an hour and still didn't have any food. Whenever we wanted drinks my husband had to go to the front desk and ask them to help find our waiter, because he was not coming to check on our table. Finally we told them to cancel the order and we would go somewhere with better service. The service was bad and the drinks was bad. I think this place has poor management, because as a four star restaurant, you shouldn't allow these things to happen. Their excuse was that they were understaffed, then why were are all the tables open for service? Our experience was unacceptable, and because of that I will never go to melting pot again.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank amy s
Bonita, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not impressed”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I feel the food is bland, the idea is gimmicky, but no flair for seasoning or fresh ideas-food just had a flat, boiled-meat taste...also way over-priced for what it is.

1 Thank carrie b