“Busy breakfast spot on the beach.”
Review of The Mission

The Mission
Ranked #265 of 4,773 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Houston
“Busy breakfast spot on the beach.”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

This is a favorite place for us when we visit Mission Beach.
We only go for breakfast, so I cannot comment on lunch. Everything we have eaten is delicious. Banana pancakes, French toast, breakfast burrito, egg quesadillas, coffee, egg whites, bacon-- all were great. Get there early, or you will be waiting outside.

Visited August 2014

• Korean first
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great for Breakfast”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Tried this place last week and it was good. They get pretty busy so plan to get there early or plan for a wait. Overall service and food were pretty good. We loved the extensive menu for just the coffee alone. Many different choices to pick from. I tried the chicken sausage and eggs and it was pretty good. The portions are big so maybe share with a friend.

Visited August 2014
Tehachapi
“I wish I lived nearby”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I escaped from a conference based at the Crowne Plaza in Mission Valley to this gem based on a ten best breakfasts in San Diego. So many interesting choices...I went with a breakfast quesadilla; so good! Black beans on the side, a little dollop of sour cream, fresh cilantro, a cup of just spicy enough salsa...near perfect. Great service, good coffee, come right when they open at 7 on weekdays and you'll be very pleased.

• Visited August 2014
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Breakfast was good”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We chose this cafe because of its name. We were going on a mission trip to Mexico, and it seemed like a good idea to start at the Mission cafe that day. What a wonderful beginning of the trip! We remembered that breakfast all the time we were in Mexico. The food was perfectly made. The coffee was wonderful. The waitress seemed to be there as soon as we had a question. We will be back next time we come to San Diego.

Scottsdale, AZ
“More of the same........”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

99% of the reviews suggest that The Mission is fabulous. I'm afraid I can only second that opinion. I could eat there every day, especially if I wanted to double my weight. The portions are substantial and the quality superb. And, if you like variety, there's plenty of that, too. We were there for breakfast and hope to go back one more time before we have to leave.....

• Visited July 2014