“Best pancakes in California!”
Review of The Mission

The Mission
Ranked #316 of 4,933 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We eat at The Mission every time we visit San Diego and are convinced they make the best blackberry pancakes in California! Everything is made fresh and so delicious. Waits can be long and the service slow at peak times, but if you can score seats at the bar you will likely get served faster. Get an order of pancakes for the table to share!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My fiance and I met a friend here for brunch. It was my first time in san diego. My first thought, was that this place could definitely star in a portlandia episode. Kidding aside, the brunch options were AMAZING. I rarely have a hard time picking something, but I had that problem here because so many options choices made my mouth water just by reading them. I got the plato verde con huevos, which proved to be a very wise choice. they also have a fresh-baked rosemary bread, and like a million other can't-go-wrong picks. enjoy!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I've been here a few times for breakfast. The food is amazing but the service is a little off. We had a waiter (forgot his name but he's a Latino guy) that took forever to check on us and he took an extremely long time to bring our check when we were done as well. I've picked up before too and the cashier seemed to be in a crabby mood.

The mission croissant is an absolute must have, apple sausage & eggs are great and the French toast is also delicious. The food itself is worth a trip back but not without sampling the other joints first :-).

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Breakfast was fantastic. Tried the french toast, eggs, bacon, and potatoes. All was delicious. The coffee was great as well.
Staff was friendly and prices reasonable.
I plan to go back when in the area, would highly recomend to anyone.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

While staying at a hotel on Mission Beach we went here several times for breakfast. Especially the French toast is great!