“One of my favorite places in SD. I've been coming here for years.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The 3rd Corner

The 3rd Corner
Ranked #166 of 4,699 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Wine Bar, French, American, Belgian, European, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Diego, California
“One of my favorite places in SD. I've been coming here for years.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I've been coming here for years and i love this place! It is also a wine retailer so you can order bottles from their extensive selection. It is casual, very reasonably priced and I love their food. It is in OB which is kind of shocking. The have a couch section where you can eat from low tables, a bar area and then a dining area.

I highly recommend this place and I bring people here all the time. You should call for reservations. Cool date spot.

• Visited June 2013

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“You need to know about this place if you're looking for finer dining in Ocean Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I love Ocean Beach, but there is one kind of restaurant to cater to the one kind of people. Quick sit down places are all up and down that town and if you ask a local where to eat, they'll tell you one of those places. They are delicious, but if you want a finer dining experience you need to look a little harder. 3rd corner is an awesome restaurant. We walked in and got a table no problem and they had plenty of variety to satisfy anyone. My wife had an incredible shrimp scampi and I had a crazy good vegetable pasta with a porcini mushroom and goat cheese appetizer. They have every wine you could want but I'm a beer guy. They have an O.K. selection but look no further than Hopf Helleweiße. I would take a bullet to save this beer.

The food was fantastic. Good drink. No high chairs for babies...just fyi.

• Visited June 2013
“More mussels please !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

They will bring a bowl of Prince Edward Island mussels to your table---okay, a PILE, towering over the bowl, with little string potato french fries increasing the altitude further, topped with garlic aoli. As you excavate the mussels, the french fries sink lower and lower in the bowl until the last ones are soaking in mussel broth, and beg to be slurped up. It is enough for two. I was willing to fight for the last french fry.
For the hearty appetite, the seafood risotto, full of chunks of lobster, shrimp and scallops in a creamy sauce is a wonderful choice.
Did I mention the wine? It's all around. The tables are crammed in between stacks of cases.. Shop for something special after dinner by the bottle or the case. A special room at the entrance holds the best of the best at wine cellar-temperatures and humidity. Wine list by the glass varied and global and decently priced.
Cozy, trendy atmosphere, a block or two from the beach. Bottomless Mimosa brunch on weekends. Open til very late on weekends. Very fresh salad greens (arugula with smoked salmon and capers, a real winner) , or mesclun greens with northern Cal goat cheese and pomegranate vinaigrette, making a perfect foil for the yummy entrees.
I do take issue with one thing: they added a "corkage" fee to my refreshing $12 bottle of pinot gris. "Corkage" is charged in restaurants if you're bringing your own bottle, (see dictionary, people !!) and the charge is for them to uncork and serve your wine.
I ordered my bottle off the menu and got a corkage fee. It was $5, not quite enough to make a fuss, but it bugs me anyway. Why didn't they just charge $17 for the wine instead of misusing "corkage" on the bill? Not the hill I want to die on, merely a minor annoyance.
Courteous staff, unobtrusive service. A bar on the premises if you don't want to eat. But who wouldn't? with such great food. Get a bunch of appetizers and salad and an entree and share all around, a great way to sample it all and not leave overly stuffed.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
san diego
“Very good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Really enjoyed our meals. I had fish, my son had short ribs and my husband had risotto. Everything was fantastic. The only thing they could improve was the bread was served cold, really should be warm and the tables in bar area were too close. The waiter wasn't terribly warm and could have been friendlier but we would definitely go back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Awesome brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Food was so good and bottomless mimosa!! Tables in bar area alittle close together - we sat next to some very vocal ladies so next time we will probable sit at bar - definitely will go back food was great and the staff was really nice! Thumbs up!!

• Visited April 2013