“Great service but food not so great”

Sally's Fish House & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Sally's Fish House & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 4,768 Restaurants in San Diego
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Just a stone crab's throw from San Diego's celebrated Gaslamp Quarter and Seaport Village is the charming and sophisticated Sally's Fish House & Bar. Sustainable seafood and spectacular panoramic views of San Diego Bay distinguish this Southern California dining landmarks and one of the best waterfront seafood restaurants in San Diego. Fresh fish and bold flavors shine through in our signature seafood dishes including Crab Cakes, Diver Scallops and Chili Marinated Alaskan Halibut. Master Sushi Chefs prepare plates of delicately sliced sashimi and creative sushi rolls like the popular Rainbow Roll.
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Great service but food not so great”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Ate with my family and my child got the sea bass and he did not like it (dry). I got sushi and it tasted ok but I got sick after eating it. The location is nice on the water but there was hardly anyone there. Would not recommend.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Larkspur, California
“Great food, great location”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went to Sally's for lunch on Sunday. It wasn't overly busy so we managed to get a table outside with shade from the umbrella - and a great view of the marina and the people passing by. The salmon Caesar Salad was absolutely delicious - the salmon was cooked to perfection and very succulent; the dressing was fantastic and the presentation interesting and attractive. One friend had the special of swordfish and salad and he cleaned the plate he enjoyed it so much; the other friend had the crab sandwich served with sweet potato fries and she also cleaned her plate. One beer, one lemonade - and it cost $66 before tax and tip. The service was friendly and attentive. I would definitely go again, and I would recommend it to everyone.

Huntington Beach, California
“Ticked all my boxes”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating so we were expecting a pricey meal. We both ordered one of the specials. He ordered the Fish & Chips based on the reviews given by others and I had the lobster paella. Both were delicious but mine was even more exceptional. It came in its own pan with half of a grilled lobster on the top and tons of tender calamari and bay scallops and sweet mussles. It was beautiful to behold. I wish I"d brought a camera to take a picture. We started our meal with the crabcakes and they were delicious as well. Served on a bed of guacamole or something close to it, and lots of diced tomatoes and onions and slivers of radish on top. Desert was a chocolate/peanut butter/marshmallow concoction that was to die for as well. We sat outside beneath a heat lamp and watched all the people stroll by with cute dogs and kids and watched the sun set. It is pricey--but worth it if you're looking for something beyond what the other cafes have to offer in Seaport Village.

Visited July 2013
Irvine, California
“Didn't care for the food.”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The service was great and the prices were fair. We had appetizers in the bar area and there were too many flies. The people on the patio were batting at the flies the entire time.
The spring rolls and dumplings were ok, but the calamari wasn't good at all. They were very tough and I was not a fan of the buffalo sauce.

Wisconsin
“2 Meals; 2 Winners”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Had lunch and dinner here during a convention stay at the Marriott Marquis next door. While this restaurant is part of the Hyatt complex it is in a separate building on the marina/harbor walk and therefore doesn't have that dreaded "I'm eating in a hotel" feel. Very good seafood. Try the Lobster Paella for dinner. Ate outside once and inside once. Both were great. Outside for lunch was excellent people watching. Inside for dinner was a bit warmer on a typically slightly chilly SD evening. Loved the convenience to our hotel. Just a two minute stroll down the harbor walk.

• Visited June 2013